Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrel?

magzZ

Jul 18, 2002
Jersey!
Visit site
RPS!! way to go!

Deffinetly get the rps premiums! low price and have the best accuracy out there.. or go wit WORR paint. they are good too.. i played paintball wit my E-force ( 9 in barrel) and i luv snipering people!! but wit my barrel i just cant get enough accuracy and distance to be a sniper. i was using high pressure tank and worr paint. i got a lot of people out wit that paint! dont worrie.. when ur a sniper if ur seen and fired at and u get hit just keep on firing at them.. that wat i do and they get out too!! :D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Timewass
I am getting breaks right about in the middle of the barrel all the way up to just then the paint exits the barrel. i had a few that looked like they exploded just as they came out of the barrel. My velocity is consistant. I've adjusted it down to 250 fps just so I could rule out there being too much presure in the barrel. The paint all seems to just slide in the barrell. It doesn't just roll out and it's not tight. I've actually just started in a league near my house and I was designated the sniper so I bought a 21" barrel and we'll see how that goes.
OK, your answer has eliminated some of the other possibilities I had in mind (e.g. breaking due to poor feeding, barrel much too large), we've already eliminated the paint itself 'cause you've tried different makes (assuming that it has all been stored OK that is), which leaves only the barrel itself that I can think of. See how the new one goes - what make is it?

[alpha]NIXON

:)
Never expect your paintballs to land one upon other, they are not like bullets. That's just the way it is.
See how hits group at 15 yards, and if grouping is larger than 12 inches, then try to change your barrel, add a nice expansion chamber or regulator to your setup. Inconsistency of CO2 can cause serious peaks and drops in velocity.
The reasons paint to "explode" in the barrel are poor paint to bore matching or extremely high velocity.
Don't forget to tune up your velocity when you get your 21" CMI. And prepare to meet the gas hog!

[alpha]NIXON

Because of the drag inside, longer barrel requires more power to be used to propel paintball and get decent velocity at the muzzle. So volume of gas needed to maintain 290 fps is significantly larger with 21" barrel compared to 12". But you'll see it by yourself soon. The benefit is, that usualy loger barels are more quiet.
Happy hunting!

Henry.B

London Hope #73
Jun 9, 2002
Amersham
accuracy

simetimes guns are also just as a quirk of the gun more or less accurate. for example, my cocker is dead on acuarate with a crap barrel. and my impy is still like a shotgun with a freak.

mmmmmmm........my angel is nice but needs an air system:p

Angel-Kid

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
well the only reason it may be a gas hog is because if you have a struggle when cocking it or it's hard to cock it has to use extra gas to re-cock But try to get you a N2 tank and that may help.