Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Barrels 4 Players

Jurg$

know heart. know glory.
Apr 28, 2003
Dirty South
www.ambushpaintball.co.uk
In general, back players will have longer barrels, this is 'supposed' to increace the range a little but in my experiance i havent noticed much of a differance. The main reason back players will use longer barrels is to push into the side of their baracade (sup' air field) allowing them to stay tighter.

Front players will generally have smaller barrels, as they are less awkward and allow them to get nearer to their baracade when snap shooting etc.

Think thats right, correct me if im wrong :)
-jtl

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
yes and no

i play up front and have been known to use a 16 incher, its handy to be able to shove barracades out of the way with it, helps you stay in nice and tight, you can keep the rest of the marker behind the bunker if you do it right

Meyer

Longer Barrels will NOT increase your range. Every marker is chronied at 280 feet per second, which means that in 1 second, balls from any marker will travel 280 feet (actually not a full 280 because the ball will decelerate, but 280 is good enough for this thread). The tippmann flatline will put backspin on the ball, giving it lift thus letting it fly further, but this is a different effect than simply a longer barrel.

As for lengths for players, as far as sup air is concerned, any player can use a long barrel to manipulate a bunker. What it comes down to is player preference. There is no "back player" length or "front player" length. I have played both on different teams and have used the same barrel for each (its a mere 12 inches but its what I'm comfortable with so its the best barrel for me).

Hope this helps

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
well said and very correct a longer barrel has exactly the same range as the paint is still doing the same speed.

one trick i have been know to use tho is to deliberatly chrono at 240-250 rather than my usuall 290-300 so that when i break out....(usually well into the 40's at least) i can drop paint over the top of the back barracades onto the back players heads....even when they are completely behind the bunker...ok so my paint is dropping earlier but who cares when you are on their half of the field :)

Elm0

Nov 5, 2003
So Cal
stockclasspaintball.com
People stero-tpye longer barrels as "Sniper Barrels" and assume they're more accurate. I've tested with an 14 inch barrel, and a 10 in barrel on my Phantom, And personally I perform better with the smaller barrel. It just helps me keep in on the bunker tighter and isnt as awkward when I pump the marker or shove another Cigar Tube in

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by UncleBob from ={DH}= SH!
Al very true and good, but one thing a longer barrel should do is reduce the amount of air/gas needed to chrono at 280.. the smaller one should be less efficient..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have air rifles with HUGE barrels so I can blast anything moving... well above legal limit - lets try .22 at 750fps??

Not bad for a springer!

I'm going to try my theory out sunday, I'll let you know...:cool:
I would have thought the extra length of barrel would require a proportionate increase in energy to overcome the friction of that extra length and therefore render it less efficient?