Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Basic newbie questions...any helpers?

Hughsey

Nov 4, 2002
West Yorkshire
hometown.aol.co.uk
probably the cheapest gun

If youre budget is as much as mine, then Fat Bobs Paintball sell one for £53 (either check out ebay or their own online shop). It is the Diablo Sabotage, compatible with Spyder parts. I own one and can say it is quite good, especially for a starter gun. Okay it may only be a bog standard site gun, but it would be new and most importantly it would be your own!!:)

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
only thing ill say in reply to that is TRY B4 U BUY.
i have tried a Sabotage. Both the standard and the Electro version. and was far from impressed. if nothing else, the trigger is the most uncomfotable thing ive tried in a long time.

ill say no more.

Gogger

Crispy Fried
Jul 7, 2001
North Wales
Visit site
talk about mercyless advertising,
It could only be called advertising if i had something to sell, not if I was giving something away for free! And thats what I was doing!
:mad: Try to help out the new guy and you get accused and insulted:mad:
So why bother!

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
Merciless advertising?

Well gave it a damn good plug, but I would hardly call it merciless.

Have got ur number and as soon as I can organise transport down to wrexham, will be giving you a ring. Many thanks for the info folks, time for a trip to my local stockist....

*looks in yellow pages*

Hmmmn, planet eclipse are in trafford park, are they open to the public and anyone know if they are good / have a wide range of kit?

Thanks sooo much, great to get involved with something where people actually want to help get you more involved.

Chimp

Any other players out there near me?

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Planet are just about the biggest retailer in the UK & certainly been around the longest that I know of. Yes, they are open to shoppers, yes they have a great range of kit & yes, they ARE very good. They will give you help & good advice there & if you're based in that part of the UK & can get there, do so.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by ChairChimp
Hmmmn, planet eclipse are in trafford park, are they open to the public and anyone know if they are good / have a wide range of kit?

Any other players out there near me?
Planet are open to the public, and are nice people to deal with, they've got a good range of stuff, helpful people behind the counter and they are guaranteed not to rip you off.

They'll do there best to help you out and get you the gear YOU want, not what they want to sell you.

I've been shopping with them since they started and have never had a problem with them.

PLease ignore the bit at the bottom about them sponsoring my team, I'd have told you that anyway and have sung their praises long before I joined RDX.

Take a look at their website HERE to see what they've got in. Plus the site will give you directions and opening hours.

and yes there are loads of paintballers in the area, quite a lot of them seem to post here too.

Good luck and welcome aboard

ChairChimp

It's a chimp and a chair!
Nov 5, 2002
Sheffield
planet eclipse

Just realised where they are, about 10 mins on the tram followed by a 10 min walk to their shop...eeeeeexcellent. *rubs hands*

Gonna feel like a chump now, er hi, just wanted to come in and um, well I dunno really but I think I wanna buy a marker......

*grin*

I wonder how many times they've heard that!

Hogs

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Man, theres so much talk bout how good or bad the sabotage is. It's impossible to tell which it is!

Seems to me the main gripe people have with it is the construction and dodgy trigger.

I've heard that it feels "cheap" and has way too much side to side play on the trigger.

And apparently it shoots only "sort of straight"

Then on the upside, people have talked about it being more accurate than lower end spyders, having a good build, fast firing blah blah.

So yea, to cut a long story short, I don't know what to make of this marker.