Basic newbie questions...any helpers?

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Weeell..

There are two sides to the argument:
1. You get what you pay for, and for only £53 you aren't paying much and might not get much.

2. You can use more than £53 of paint in one day. A pair of gloves costs £35 or so. Even if it only lasts you for one or two days, so what? It's not going to make a dent in your paintball expenditures over a year, so why not try it.

Personally, I saw a couple down at Holmbush and thought they looked a bit rough & ready, but I suppose one might be better than a site gun on the basis that it's only been used/abused by one person

Hughsey

Nov 4, 2002
West Yorkshire
hometown.aol.co.uk
One good thing about the Sabotage is that its a piece of piss to take apart, clean and put back together, approx 20 parts to it and about 6 screws. I can take mine apart and put it back together in about 5 mins which is a good thing when youre at an event and you need to repair it quickly.
They are adequate markers and thats it, cheap to buy, cheap to maintain but not the most accurate.

Take this into account, imagine youre in your £500 Ford fiesta and youre coming up to a traffic jam, you wont be afraid to nudge your way through and force people out of the way, BUT, now imagine youre in the same traffic jam and youre in your £300000 McLaren F1, you will sit there and wait, you wont dare risk a scratch or a scrape, the same principal could be said for paintballing.
I can afford to give my sabotage some hammer and some battering, a few scratches and scuffs.....no problem, But if i fork out 800 quid for a top gun, it would be framed and put above the mantlepiece, i wouldnt dare use it.
So....ignoring the bollocks ive just said, my advice to any newbies is buy cheap and work your way up.

fuxup

JAGUAR XS
Sep 19, 2002
USA
Visit site
ive got me self a spyder AMG,and havent add no probs with it but hey thats my choice im sure that you will find a marker that will suit you ,just keep on lookin /trying out:D

Jones the Paint Magnet

All the gear - no idea
Dec 19, 2001
Croydon/East Grinstead
Visit site
I think PLanet handle second hand stuff for people too - although any tournament will often have people looking to sell markers that are used as back-ups and spares. Just bring some paint along, ask the organiser to put a call out or go round and ask some teams if anyone is selling. In between trying things out you can also watch some games so win/win situation!

You'll want something at least mid-range for tourneys. A lot of cheaper markers are upgradeable, but it becomes a false economy after a while - the benefits end up costing more than buying a better designed marker made from better materials and machined to higher tolerances etc.

Given that most of your accuracy and game will depend on how you shoulder and fire the marker, it's very important to try out a range and see which one "suits you" the the best.

:)

nandakjohwah

Dec 6, 2002
new york/new jersey
Visit site
i recommend getting anything by kingman, m3, paintball inc, diablo, and tippman, the designs on them are pretty easy to learn so it's easier to maintain

tippmans and diablos are extremely durable

i do recommend an emarker because the trigger pulls are nice, they usually dont need many upgrades to them, and they also have basic designs.. also the prices are pretty cheap on them right now :p