Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Air for an Impulse?

Darky

Jul 25, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
I'm a little confused on this, a friend of mine said a Max-Flo 4500 System with a 68 cu bottle does fine with it..

But another friend of mine says C02 works best with it...

So I don't know which one to really go for, which is the best air system for an Impulse Paintball gun? o_O

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Originally posted by Darky
I'm a little confused on this, a friend of mine said a Max-Flo 4500 System with a 68 cu bottle does fine with it..

But another friend of mine says C02 works best with it...

So I don't know which one to really go for, which is the best air system for an Impulse Paintball gun? o_O
There are two Maxflow air systems the 4500 Maxflow and the 3000 Maxflow (this is the one that they ship with impulses and shockers).

The difference is the the 4500 Maxflow is purely an *air system* this means that you cant put Co2 into it. It is designed for use with the Impulse and shocker because of the high volume of low pressure air they require to operate. Also its a very stable air system that doesn't spike.

The 3000 maxflow is slightly different. It acts more like a regulator you'd find on a cocker. It regulates Co2 down from ~800psi to ~200psi. So you have to have air/co2 going into it pre-regulated. So you can put a screw-in air system into a 3000 Maxflow, as long as it has a pin to open the valve. But it runs well on Co2 because if/when you fire fast enough and for long enough to draw liquid, the Maxflow vents it off stopping you from damamging the solenoid inside the Impulse.

Its you choice. Either a cheap 68/3000psi screwin system (check you have a pin in your maxflow for it first! I made that mistake!), continue runnin on Co2 (which will give you about 1200 shots) or get the 4500 maxflow.

If you can afford I would reccomend getting the 4500 Maxflow or a screw in air system. Because even though the 3000 Maxflow can handle Co2 very well, it does wear it out eventually.