Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best air system for a 6 foot 2 inch player?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Check out lips and just paintball
A few to be found at £30 to £40
Even better if you can walk into a shop or go to a site / event with traders

Generic brands and known brands will do just as well

As long as it's sold in the UK by a reputable dealer it's all good
There's no real difference in the cylinders between companies - they are built to the same eu standard
The regulator may vary, but outputs about the same

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
New players to the game, there really isnt a magic number for what length or size setup one can give you.
Experienced players normally say, hold your setup with one hand, finger on trigger, palm facing upwards, bend your elbow 90 degrees, the end of the bottle butt should just about touch your biceps.
This is more or less a guide line for the length of your setup. Saying that, some players feel more comfortable having a tighter setup, some with the marker further away, but we are only talking 1 or 2 centermeters here.
Most markers have a a bottom rail which normally you can adjust and extend the setup upto 10mm approx

I am 5' 11 maybe 5'10 now ? (old age thing :p) i'm comfortable with a 1.1 bottle Ninja reg attatched.
My oldest lad 6'2 lanky arms, uses same setup, feels very comfortable, but he likes a tighter setup.
Mate whose 5'9 uses a setup 10mm longer than mine (probably trying to prove something:confused:) feels comfortable with that. I can use his setup, play fine, but do not feel as comfy as my own setup.
I believe once you get a setup that is within 10mm of the above guideline, your own body and muscules will adjust and tone in.

Everyone will have there own prefered setup. As someone starting out, dont worry too much, have something reasonably comfy, go out have fun.:)

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
New players to the game, there really isnt a magic number for what length or size setup one can give you.
Experienced players normally say, hold your setup with one hand, finger on trigger, palm facing upwards, bend your elbow 90 degrees, the end of the bottle butt should just about touch your biceps.
This is more or less a guide line for the length of your setup. Saying that, some players feel more comfortable having a tighter setup, some with the marker further away, but we are only talking 1 or 2 centermeters here.
Most markers have a a bottom rail which normally you can adjust and extend the setup upto 10mm approx

I am 5' 11 maybe 5'10 now ? (old age thing :p) i'm comfortable with a 1.1 bottle Ninja reg attatched.
My oldest lad 6'2 lanky arms, uses same setup, feels very comfortable, but he likes a tighter setup.
Mate whose 5'9 uses a setup 10mm longer than mine (probably trying to prove something:confused:) feels comfortable with that. I can use his setup, play fine, but do not feel as comfy as my own setup.
I believe once you get a setup that is within 10mm of the above guideline, your own body and muscules will adjust and tone in.

Everyone will have there own prefered setup. As someone starting out, dont worry too much, have something reasonably comfy, go out have fun.:)

This is exactly right. To be honest, paintball isn't a cheap way to spend your time. If you want to maximise your experience spend the extra bit now and buy something which you don't need to worry about. If you buy cheap, you have a cheap experience and the only way to see this is to take a cheap marker setup with a steel bottle and a cheap loader, fill it with cheap paint then play a couple of games. Then go and take a decent mid range set up and fill it with good paint, sit back and be amazed at the difference.

Ultralight bottles are the way forward, there's no doubt in my mind about that but they are expensive. I'll buy one anyway, in a couple of months the cost won't even enter my head when I'm using it. Same with markers, try as many as you can, buy the best you can afford and let it do you for a couple of years.

benepv

Aug 13, 2011
UK
Ok but looking at the weight difference between an aluminium bottle and a carbon fibre bottle, there isn't really much difference. Is it really worth spending the extra £100+ just to lose about 300 grams of weight?

Look at these aluminium tank for example:

Guerrilla MYTH 48ci 3000psi Tank 1.27KG (£39.95)
Empire 3k Air System 1.31KG (£44.95)
Ninja Paintball 48ci 3000psi Tank 1.28kg ($49.95 / £32.48)

Now compare the price and weight to these carbon fibre tanks:

Guerrilla Air MYTH 48ci 4500psi 0.84KG (£124.96)
DYE Throttle 4500psi 48ci 0.9KG (£174.95)

So yeah, right now I'm thinking that I might but an aluminium and then in the future I'll upgrade to a CF when I have a bit more money and can justify spending £120+ on a carbon fibre tank to lose 300 grams of weight.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
It's not necessarily about the weight, it's about the balance as well. The ultralight tanks are even lighter again than the fibre wraps.

Are they worth it, in a word, yes.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Ok but looking at the weight difference between an aluminium bottle and a carbon fibre bottle, there isn't really much difference. Is it really worth spending the extra £100+ just to lose about 300 grams of weight?

Look at these aluminium tank for example:

Guerrilla MYTH 48ci 3000psi Tank 1.27KG (£39.95)
Empire 3k Air System 1.31KG (£44.95)
Ninja Paintball 48ci 3000psi Tank 1.28kg ($49.95 / £32.48)

Now compare the price and weight to these carbon fibre tanks:

Guerrilla Air MYTH 48ci 4500psi 0.84KG (£124.96)
DYE Throttle 4500psi 48ci 0.9KG (£174.95)

So yeah, right now I'm thinking that I might but an aluminium and then in the future I'll upgrade to a CF when I have a bit more money and can justify spending £120+ on a carbon fibre tank to lose 300 grams of weight.
But you're not comparing like for like there, you're comparing 3000psi bottles against 4500psi bottles, the 4500psi ones hold more air as well as being lighter.

wrenny

Jun 2, 2011
Derbyshire
im your height and long in the arm. youd defo want atleast a 1L as i used a .8L guerilla carbon with a invert mini and it was very low profile playing. use to hit my goggles with the back of the gun lol