Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Backman Marker?

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
Bah, don't worry about the DM mate, there is no particular gun for a position. I was using my DM all last season playing back and it was perfect as all you need is something whcih rattles the paint out, and a DM4 with M3 and roller trigger does just that. Barrell length does little for me, stuck with the standard 14" and that was that. It's where you put the paint that makes the difference, not the marker you've got.

Oh, and if you want an easy gun to maintain, dont get a shocker as Ray said, they're even more tempremental. Egos are less so. Get someone to show you what to do with your DM and save the hassle of selling it, they aren't that complicated but I used to think the same as you until I was shown.

sabianfan

Jan 11, 2005
Grantham Lincolnshire
shockers are only tempermental when the person who owns it never lubes it or replaces the o-rings. If you grease the o-rings after every two days of play and replace o-rings whenever you need to then you should have no problems.

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
As always with these threads, it has to be said that you should pick whatever you personally are comfortable shooting. Just because X likes the Angel, Y likes the Ego and Z likes the Ion doesn't mean that you would like any of them. You've already experienced this yourself since you find yourself unhappy with your DM4. So this is definitely a case of try before you buy.

As a note, a longer barrel does not mean greater accuracy or range, at the very most you might find a longer barrel a little easier for you to aim, but really using decent paint, a matching barrel bore, a consistent air supply and a well maintained marker are far more important factors. Since you might find yourself having to go up field to win a game, or playing tighter than usual to try and save a losing game, you're generally better off with a shorter barrel, with a standard 12 to 14" being a good choice.

Oh, and personally I'd say go for an Angel. For realistic usage they shoot the same as all the other high-end markers out, all partisan chest-thumping aside. The maintenance requirement is little more than wiping it down at the end of the day and putting 2-3 drops of Lovejuice through the system every 4-5 boxes. The majority of times I've come across problem Angels, it's because of poor paint, poor air and/or the owner has messed around with the marker without knowing what they're doing: just feed it right and leave it to trained techs to look after and you'll be fine. But as I said earlier, that's just what works best for me: go try, then buy.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
efficiency and tech wise you cant go wrong with an ego
plenty of upgrades available in the form of boards if you prefer microswitches - or just buy an etek!

lighter than most DM markers (not sure on the DM6)
very few orings that can go wrong if ever
more efficient than a DM or shocker, definitely out the box

fast as any other marker out there

lots of uk support and also planet techs at major events (i beleive WDP is out of the equation on this now, cf milleniums)

perfect for any position on the field too.

Pinchaaaay!

London Nexus - #77
E-blade cocker....cocker....cocker....cocker....etc....;)

Finest marker, quick enough to bully people and it has the best accuracy ball for ball.

That there is possibly the best Cracking backmans marker. imo.

Nowadays, gotta be the ego or dm series i reckon.

"Pinchaaay!"