The Home Of European Paintball

Best days paintball I've had for years

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
So you like Paintball?
You go play Sup Air and you spend upwards of £70 for what, actual game time of maybe 10 minutes in a whole day, 15 if you're lucky and less if you get shot out on the break?
You play woodsball but you can't find any tournaments so you just do walk on days at sites?
We all like to be competative and try to win, don't we?
I played the Formula 5 event for the first time yesterday in Colchester and I have to say, apart from playing against Aftershock or the Ironmen in the 90's, this was probably the most adrenaline packed play I have had.
This is how it works, you have 7 players, all with armbands waiting in your break out box, 4 of them have tags on their armbands, at game start the 4 with tags break out, and try and gain ground or get to the buzzer, if they get shot, they run back to their break out box and give their tag to another person who goes out and takes their place, this goes on for 10 minutes, with each team trying to get control of the central buzzer, for every 10 seconds you have the buzzer, you get a point, for up to two minutes, so 12 points for the buzzer then it starts again if you hit the buzzer again and keep control for 2 more minutes you get another 12 points, in addition to this you get a point for each elimination.
It sounds really simple, that's because it is, where the adrenaline comes in is that you have to get cleaned down and get ready to go out again as soon as a team mate is shot and swaps his tag with you, this goes on for 10 minutes, and the winner is decided by points gained.
Myself and Marcus Davis played yesterday for Storm at Jon Sostas Formula 5.
We both agreed it was the best way of not only playing, but of upping your fitness levels and making sure you keep nice and tight and snap shooting, skills you can use in both woodsball and Sup Air.
So for those teams who not only want a thrill out of competing but also want a lot of trigger time, I got a total of 40 minutes trigger time out of 4 games yesterday, something you don't get in Sup Air.
think you may run out of Paint? take everything to your break out box and have it potted up already, have your pit crew there wiping you down while you fill up your air, two fill stations in each break out box.

Seriously the most competative and adrenaline pumping paintball there is today.
Marcus Davis of the UK Predators knows his stuff and he says it's the best thing he's played since retiring from professional paintball.
Myself, who played for years with the UK predators have to agree, I love playing paintball, but for all levels of fitness and for all levels of skill, this is one of the best ways of playing paintball and learning quick.
If you get shot out, no probs, you know full well that you can be back on within a minute and not make that same mistake or try a different angle.
It's relaxed and all the teams are there all day, so you get the whole social mix from the old days too, not like todays PSP, when you turn up and play your game or two, then head back to your hotel.
everyone is there the whole day and there's no coaching from the sidelines, so if you want to make a great move and mug someone, there isn't someone shouting from the sidelines telling the guy you are about to mug, that you are coming.
So you can shine and let everyone see what a great player you are.
No coaching from the sides means you have to think for yourself, something few players do nowadays.
Basically it's a great day of competative paintball.
The cost for a team is £240 (not even £35 a man) less if you have more than 7 players, it's up to you how many players you take, but only 7 allowed to have armbands per game, if you only have 5 players, then it will still cost you the same, but you will get a lot more gametime.
There's an event 8 times a year.
so you can play one event or all 8, it's up to you.
My advice is give it a go and you will definitely want to book in for the next one.
The next event is 25/05/2014
Deposit is payable to book in for the event.

Take a look https://www.facebook.com/pages/Formula5-Paintball/270710322449?fref=ts

Reactions: phil-boy

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Formula 5 (or Formula 4 as it's now known) is quite possibly the best format I have ever played.

The game time you get is far more than any other tournament you can play in the UK. Win or lose, it's still a blast....

I would suggest even giving it a try if your unsure in the summer months.

Usually, the green fee is FREE for your teams first try at this and they have awesome Empire paint available at really cheap rates....

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

Reactions: phil-boy