Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best hopper for an etek4

Louis1

Jul 3, 2013
I have recently purchased an etek 4 and would like some information on what hopper would be best for this marker, i have not been playing long and has all been on borrowed equipment. I understand that you have the obvious dye rotor hoppers and the virtue spires, but I would like to feel the difference between an above average hopper e.g halo 2 before I jump straight in and buy a top of the line hopper to see if there is much difference. I hope this make sense lol all help appreciated. Thanks

Huffy

May 16, 2011
if you can afford it a dye rotor or a spire will be the best option . a halo or similar will be nearly as good but the rotor has been tried and tested by thousands and there reliability speaks for it self. you can pick up a 2nd hand dye rotor for about £80

Louis1

Jul 3, 2013
Thanks for the reply I'm just looking for something that performs well and is indestructible if a secondhand rotor is the way to go then that it is! Thanks for the help

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
Empire z2, rotor, spire, pinokio... The list could go on!. They all do the same and they all work, one really isn't better than the other.. It's all personal opinion nowadays!.

Ask yourself what your going to be playing?. If your playing tournaments then ROF cap is usually 10.5bps... An old revy or halo would give you that, plus still staying light. Much better to do than spunk £100+ on a loader when you have just begun to play and then not have enough paint to play with...

Abe_AOF

Army Of Fools
Jul 13, 2013
Hampshire
www.Facebook.com
As with everything else, they're a relatively personal preference. I started with a Halo Too, after several jams and it being a nightmare to clean out, I bought a second hand Rotor. It performed very well, up until a couple of games using clear paint (which tends to be large), and then I had a few jams with that as well. So I've now gone over to the Spire, which, in my opinion, has the edge on the Rotor as it has less parts for the balls to get stuck in. I can't comment on it's durability as I haven't had it long.

Whilst a cheaper hopper like a Halo will suffice, you will inevitably upgrade. It's a handy spare to have, but if I started all over again I'd go straight to a Rotor or Spire, as for cost, secondhand you're looking about £70-80 for a Rotor and £115 for a Spire. No point in going new unless you really can't find one secondhand.

Louis1

Jul 3, 2013
Thanks for all the response, I'm looking into a rotor to start with I think as the price secondhand seems fair for a top of the range bit of kit. As for the spire I think for now I will leave that not for any reason (cash) but just so I can actually see the difference between the 2 top hoppers after playing for a while. If anybody knows of any rotors going I live not far from campaign in cobham