Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

best hoppers?

Nubble

Jul 25, 2011
Rotor served me brilliantly, other people using the alternatives at my site seemed to always be plagued with problems! Rotor is like the toyota pickup of the hopper world :D

Reactions: niloc65

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Prices on SH rotors seem to have nosedived too - I'm seen a couple selling around the £60-70 mark! At that money they are a bargain.
But, as said, the halo/reloader type hoppers are fine too, and can be snapped up for as little as £20. I've got three or four of them in my cupboard, and use one as a spare. The main advantage of the rotor is simply that it is so convenient - easy to strip, ridiculous battery life. BUT - in a game, you wouldn't notice the difference!

mid-effect

Feb 27, 2011
Bristol
This is an interesting post to read. Always loved my rotor and personally wouldnt change it, except sponsorship now requires me to have a spire. Whether im still a die hard rotor guy at the end of the season. Time will tell!

Bubbles

Back after a long time away
Dec 23, 2005
St Ives, Cambridgeshire
At the walk on I went to last weekend most people were using rotors. I didn't hear anyone complaining about them. The second hand market means that you can get one for cheap too.

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
i'm using a Halo Too at the minute, nifty little things and i cant say its tripped up yet! Perfect nooby loader, espically if you dont want to cash out on a high end loader, but dont get me wrong high end loaders are SICK

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Spire 260 for me had 3 Rotors (sons still got one) spire is easier to load via larger feed.
Holds more paint than Rotor ( unless you put a high top on which looks fugly) will take a fresh locklid load before entering a fire fight,I always seemed to spill paint or throw some away with a Rotor.
Snap lid seems more secure than Rotor,not had it pop open on things and its easier to see inside.
Less spinning noise when nearly empty.
I've lined mine with thin sticky backed neoprene to prevent noise whilst running ,holds about 3 less balls.
Two cases yesterday in the woods no issues.

Reactions: steve Harrison

steve Harrison

Dec 2, 2013
Spire 260 for me had 3 Rotors (sons still got one) spire is easier to load via larger feed.
Holds more paint than Rotor ( unless you put a high top on which looks fugly) will take a fresh locklid load before entering a fire fight,I always seemed to spill paint or throw some away with a Rotor.
Snap lid seems more secure than Rotor,not had it pop open on things and its easier to see inside.
I've lined mine with thin sticky backed neoprene to prevent noise whilst running ,holds about 3 less balls.
Hi this Is a Message for Magic Rat, I live in Carmarthen and am new to paintballing I am trying to get 5 paintball Cylinders filled for a match this weekend can you help me??? I am sorry if I am not using the forum correctly !!!

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I assume you are after HPA ,nearest fill station for air is Days Diving in Swansea (south)or Cenarth paintball (north).
Where are you playing can they help with fills?
I have a 300 bar tank in the van at the moment ,it was used last weekend so will only top up to 3000 PSI if that's any help? I was going to call in Days later this week and fill it up,ready for next weekend.
If you need further info PM me,saves cluttering thread up.

Reactions: steve Harrison