Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best kinds of footwear for woodsball?

DJLane

May 8, 2013
UK
I have just asked a few of my team the same question - Firm ground footy boots. They recommended Nike Tiempo. Wouldnt opt for the soft ground ones otherwise you will have massive metal studs ( not sure they are allowed on all fields too).

Tony1992

Nov 19, 2013
wickford
I'm not big fan of boots there to heavy and clumsy I can run a lot faster in boots but they do give you ankle support

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
In my early paintballing days I used to wear lightweight hiking boots. Then for a while switched to wearing Pony baseball boots for woodland tournaments. Some of my team also used Tanel 360 baseball boots, and they also performed very well. Of late I use JT high top paintball cleats. Great boots - light, waterproof and grip really well. The cleating can catch you out on hard surfaces, slippery wood etc.. but apart from that they are great.

http://www.tanel360.com/shop-online/footwear/sports/baseball-1/rpm-lite-mid-cut-molded-cleat.html

http://www.bulldogpaintball.com/JTpaintballcleats.html

longi

Mar 16, 2008
I've always used boots mainly for the ankle support, every time I've tried to use anything else I felt like I was wearing slippers! It didn't inspire me with confidence! I guess you like what you like! Although those JT Cleats look interesting.

RevengeP8nt14

Oct 21, 2013
I'd have to say a good robust pair of ankle supported boots. I use Magnums, picked them up for £60 and they should last me till I need a new, bigger size! They are that good and they are also very comfy.

Jan Eroglu

Nov 19, 2013
London, Essex.
I'd personally maybe say Studs if the weather's damp/wet. in way's its good as it grips to the floor in any other obviously apart from a sunny day. its also cheap. you could probably pick up a brand new pair of studded boots for £20.