Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Magfed Gun on the Market...

RevengeP8nt14

Oct 21, 2013
Hey all, got an interesting question for y'all, what in your opinion is the best Magfed gun on the market as of now?

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
What do you want it for and do?

Ie. do you want a pump, pistol, sniper..

Do you want an e-trigger..

Also what price range

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Massively depends on your budget, the DAM is good but it's hilariously expensive and pretty big and heavy (unless you remove most of it's parts(

Personally I think the Hammer 7 is a great fun bit of kit. Shame it uses spyder barrel threads though.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Best is highly subjective.

Best magfed gun for a general paintballer
Best magfed gun for a milsim player
Best magfed gun for magfed / limited paint
Best value for money magfed gun
Best magfed gun for .......

As always - get hands on and try them out

Tiberius or TiPx pistols, .50 calibre pistols
All rounders - The DAM & the Hammer 7 (Different price ranges and different advantages)
MagFed games may vary their specifications - It could be strict on guns used as magfed only, or could let you use anything with stick feed or limited paint

Reactions: H

Vamp

Jul 3, 2013
East Midlands
Guys, sorry to disagree and correct. The Tiberius and Tippmann pistols are .68 cal. There are also a range of .43 cal pistols from Umarex (these can also be bought from Rap4 and are rebranded as Rap4 pistols).

Magfed markers:
Paradigm Pro - Milsig
K-series CQB - Milsig
TGR1 - Maxtact (also sold through Scarab Arms)
TGR2 - As above
468 from Rap4
Rap4 make magazine conversion kits for Tippman A5, Phenom and BT 4 markers
Hammer 7 is a pump action shotgun looking thing from Spyder (but fps is low)
MR5 from Spyder
SAR12 - Sniper rifle from Carmatech Engineering (currently bolt action but a semi-auto engine is in development)
Tiberius Arms - make a range of markers but not all are magfed.
Finally Dye Dam, but this is pricey and many of them have developed leaking air issues or solenoid problems since launch.

Check out http://www.magfedpbuk.com/ for all you magfed needs. Also take the chance to view their OMG vest line. Expensive but one of the best on the market!

Cheers

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I'm sorry, but what?

Like any paintball gun The FPS is whatever you set it to. Like most guns of its type the velocity adjuster is inside the breach so a lil awkward to adjust but it's perfectly doable.

Finally Dye Dam, but this is pricey and many of them have developed leaking air issues or solenoid problems since launch.
The early versions of the bolts had a few issues but Dye replaced them for free. Like any spool based gun, you have to maintain it regularly but as far as I know there isn't any sweeping systematic issues with the solenoid which has been used in many other Dye/Proto guns. Once again, Dye will look after you if you have any issues.

Last edited:

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Guys, sorry to disagree and correct. The Tiberius and Tippmann pistols are .68 cal. There are also a range of .43 cal pistols from Umarex (these can also be bought from Rap4 and are rebranded as Rap4 pistols).

Magfed markers:
Paradigm Pro - Milsig
K-series CQB - Milsig
TGR1 - Maxtact (also sold through Scarab Arms)
TGR2 - As above
468 from Rap4
Rap4 make magazine conversion kits for Tippman A5, Phenom and BT 4 markers
MR5 from Spyder
SAR12 - Sniper rifle from Carmatech Engineering (currently bolt action but a semi-auto engine is in development)
Tiberius Arms - make a range of markers but not all are magfed.

Check out http://www.magfedpbuk.com/ for all you magfed needs. Also take the chance to view their OMG vest line. Expensive but one of the best on the market!

Cheers
I have tested all of these and own all but the new tgr. I am also good friends with tiny who is the owner of the site..... But your post doesn't help answer the question which is 'what is the best magfed gun'
You have just listed a whole load

Reactions: H

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I'm sorry, but what?

Like any paintball gun The FPS is whatever you set it to. Like most guns of its type the velocity adjuster is inside the breach so a lil awkward to adjust but it's perfectly doable.

The early versions of the bolts had a few issues but Dye replaced them for free. Like any spool based gun, you have to maintain it regularly but as far as I know there isn't any sweeping systematic issues with the solenoid which has been used in many other Dye/Proto guns. Once again, Dye will look after you if you have any issues.
Yes thats true.. The only dye dams had some problems but none of the new ones