The Home Of European Paintball

Best Magfed Gun on the Market...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Tiberius or TiPx pistols, .50 calibre pistols
Guys, sorry to disagree and correct. The Tiberius and Tippmann pistols are .68 cal.
Sorry to come back late - I meant the Tiberius or TiPx pistols as .68" options, and .50" pistols
I discounted .43" pistols (or to be honest didn't even think of mentioning them!) because like .50" they have been a bit niche but .50" has become more widely known.
.43" & .50" have suffered from sites not necessarily allowing them or ot knowing what velocity to allow, with the newer Splatmasters sites have become more familiar with .50"

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Little sad that the question wasn't answered :(
Because it can't be answered
There is no such thing as the best of any kind of paintball gun

For an all rounder the dam and the hammer are both good, in very different price brackets, one is electronic, the other is a pump.

If you don't want an all rounder and want a dedicated magfed then there is a fairly wide range of choice

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Because it can't be answered
There is no such thing as the best of any kind of paintball gun

For an all rounder the dam and the hammer are both good, in very different price brackets, one is electronic, the other is a pump.

If you don't want an all rounder and want a dedicated magfed then there is a fairly wide range of choice
I agree.. But if you want a true magfed marker then there are many much better than the dam :p

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
I'd been set on an Etha but the more I look in to it the DAM is coming close. I like the idea of magfed. Looking for a brutally honest review of the DAM. Have found a very good review online from Hustle Paintball, but for a marker that's a grand new I'm a bit sceptical whether they would slag it off when it costs so much!

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I'd been set on an Etha but the more I look in to it the DAM is coming close. I like the idea of magfed. Looking for a brutally honest review of the DAM. Have found a very good review online from Hustle Paintball, but for a marker that's a grand new I'm a bit sceptical whether they would slag it off when it costs so much!
Simple as saying worth the money!

Reactions: Craggit

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Some people have been happy enough to say if they don't like of after spending money on it

As may fed I don't get on with d-mags on other guns I have used (as rentals) and I find the dam, hammer and pistols easier to handle reloading
(With the d-mag guns they just did not feel right to me, if I slammed in then I would break paint, if I was gentler then it would not engage so well and I'd lose paint)

I have only had two real issues with the dam, but these were my findings:

Using a dyecam one the dyecam magazines seemed tighter then the plain coloured ones the rest of the guys had. That was solved by loading and ejecting a few times

I aired up at home to check all was fine, but on the first outing it leaked terribly.
I started game on with a spare gun then had another look when first eliminated
Swapped bottles and it was fine again - the reason being I first checked with one cylinder and was using another (with an 800psj regulator) so it was over pressurised. Switching cylinder to a reasonable output resolved this

I also had the issue of maximum velocity and leaking if turning up, not a major issue when playing cqb as the velocity is normally around 250fps, 280 can be an issue depending on the paint match as well - but the replacement bolt will fix that

The other issue I had started at timewars this year. With the amount of rain I blamed the conditions. But after a good clean up I had issues with the eyes, after a full strip down I found a tiny crack on the connection to one of the eyes

With a short phone call to dye it took less than a minute to get new eyes and the upgraded bolt into the post

An additional problem I have had is due to the dyecam magazines - I lent out my mags and my team mate lost one. He walked the site to spots where he had been and again went back to where he had been camping in a spot doing a few reloads and still couldn't find it. Someone had to walk into the magazine and kick it to find it - camouflage!

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
I aired up at home to check all was fine, but on the first outing it leaked terribly.
I started game on with a spare gun then had another look when first eliminated
Swapped bottles and it was fine again - the reason being I first checked with one cylinder and was using another (with an 800psj regulator) so it was over pressurised. Switching cylinder to a reasonable output resolved this

I also had the issue of maximum velocity and leaking if turning up, not a major issue when playing cqb as the velocity is normally around 250fps, 280 can be an issue depending on the paint match as well - but the replacement bolt will fix that

The other issue I had started at timewars this year. With the amount of rain I blamed the conditions. But after a good clean up I had issues with the eyes, after a full strip down I found a tiny crack on the connection to one of the eyes
Thanks Tommikka!

I've read a few issues about air leaks. It sounds like it was easy enough to sort, was it? Also, is stripping it down straightforward? (I'm relatively DIY-minded and can service my car - probably irrelevant but thought may give an idea to whether it's straightforward or not!)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The over pressure leak was easily sorted - as it was the particular cylinder
I couldn't get anywhere the first time, gave up and a team mate was going to diagnose when we had a break. But having an unrushed check out of everything properly and reverting to the other cylinder put it right, then it made sense that my older cylinder was at high pressure
(It's more normal these days to have mid pressure regulators outputs)

The more commonly complained about regulator pressure leak is that if you turn it up then it will leak. If you bore match the paint then it's less likely to leak, and it had been demonstrated by dye techs that a properly set bolt and bore matched paint can be done fairly easily. They have a custom regulator tester that can be used on the bolt outside, they tweak it to a known point,reassemble, bore match and then the velocity can be adjusted. If you are just experiencing low velocity then it's normal to crank it up
(If you cross the 'sweet spot' then you may be still cranking up to much)
The upgraded bolt fixes the issue that people get with this and you can adjust without having to have the custom reg tester

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Thanks Tommikka, that's very good to know!

What's bore matched paint? Paint for the barrel thread? (Maybe a silly question, but want to know as much as I can!)

Is the upgraded bolt you mention the Tactical Ironen Bolt?