Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Magfed Gun on the Market...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The upgraded bolt I'm referring to is a newer edition of the standard bolt and is a free warranty replacement, the ironman is a 'commercial' upgrade

Bore matched paint is about ensuring the paint fits the barrel without too much of a gap and losing air down the side
You can't change the paint on the day, but you can change the barrel

I recommend having multiple barrels, but that's something you collect over time and if they vary slightly they can give you some bore matching ability.
You need a barrel kit such as a freak set (or as it is a dye - some different sized barrel backs)
I already have a freak set so if you see me with my dyecam dam and a black barrel then that's why

Use the insert or barrel back that matches the paint and the air flow is more efficient, you need less air input to propel & accelerate the ball.

Without bore matching the dam has a large bore barrel as standard (which is a good thing) but you may not be able to adjust to max velocity

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ps - I forgot this bit:
Stripping down is straight forward

For the bolt there are two hex keys, one to adjust, one to unscrew the back. Just be careful to avoid unscrewing the bolt itself. Loosen the back, unscrew by hand and pull out
Clean & lube etc and that's the majority of the requirement

For a bit more work drop the magazine out and remove the barrel. The assembly to rotate the eye pipe between hopper and magazine is easy to get at for a reasonable clean

For a deeper strip down its simple to do
Everything you need is in the included toolkit, except for stripping the ASA (which won't be normal to do) but the dye multitool includes the special tool for that if you want it

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
I like the sound of this!

Is that the 2nd generation bolt that folk are talking about?

Is £600 good for a second hand DAM? (Includes several mags and a good case) They don't seem to come up for sale very often. Just want to make sure they're worth it. Do you have one? RobbyT says "Simple as saying worth the money!". It's more than I was planning but still affordable, my other option is a used Delta Elite, also with a rifled 8" recon barrel, SOCOM silencer, muzzle flash and rifle bag for £225.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It is the 2nd generation bolt

£600 should be a fair price

The one currently on the forum at £600 looks it have the izon sight which was in the first batch sold. Those did not have a case, later ones like mine have a case but it only holds the basic amount of gear that came with it.

That one has an aftermarket case which allows for more magazines and the stock to be kept on. Though I have the proper case I have also gone for a different case, but mine is peli style and deeper allowing me to pile up magazines and carry a ripclip & hopper as well

I note he mentions a broken bolt (which he has removed and replaced) I've not experienced any breaks but would recommend some light grade loctite 222 on some so that you don't need to over tighten and can be ha

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
Yeah that's the one I had my eye on. Bit more than I was thinking but for the right gun I'd go to that. Plus there's a good bunch of magazines too. Is there a major difference in the first and second batch? Or is it mainly the 2nd Gen bolt upgrade?

I saw that as well, would drilling it out be alright?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Yeah that's the one I had my eye on. Bit more than I was thinking but for the right gun I'd go to that. Plus there's a good bunch of magazines too. Is there a major difference in the first and second batch? Or is it mainly the 2nd Gen bolt upgrade?
I don't think there is anything majorly different, only the bolt is hte key change I'm aware of
(The bolt was the same on the second batch, the sight being the 'benefit' for the first buyer / pre-orders)

I saw that as well, would drilling it out be alright?
Drilling out of the broken bolt should not be an issue, if done with care its just a matter of getting grip on the remainder of the bolt to bring it out. As long as the threads are not damaged etc and the new bolt is firm then all is good.
Those bolts close the blanking panel when you don't want a hopper, or hold the feedneck when using a hopper.

Reactions: Craggit

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I like the sound of this!

Is that the 2nd generation bolt that folk are talking about?

Is £600 good for a second hand DAM? (Includes several mags and a good case) They don't seem to come up for sale very often. Just want to make sure they're worth it. Do you have one? RobbyT says "Simple as saying worth the money!". It's more than I was planning but still affordable, my other option is a used Delta Elite, also with a rifled 8" recon barrel, SOCOM silencer, muzzle flash and rifle bag for £225.
The only things i would say about the dam is that they needs cleaning and lubing after games otherwise they will start being temperamental..
And keep them dry ish.. I found they in a heavy rain storm mine decided to short circuit and break the valve.

Aside from that they are very very good guns and quality wise only matched by the new empire dfender.. I would highly advise you stretch for one rather than go for a bt..
Also it gives u the opportunity to go magfed and also hopper fed if you do not like it

Reactions: Craggit

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
DAM bought! :0) Thanks for all the help guys! Just need to wait for it to be posted and arrive! Like a kid at Christmas!!!

What size/pressure of air cylinder would you's recommend?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If in doubt a 3000 psi standard aluminium/steel cylinder
A 13ci will work well with the dam, but has limited capacity so is ideal for magfed limited paint games, but not so good for hopper games

Fibre cylinders have a large variety of shapes and sizes so are best checked out in person for how they feel