Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Shocker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

systemx

Peace through superior firepower
Jul 3, 2011
London
Hi all I have been going through some of my old kit recently and I have to say it has sent me down memory lane. Looking back over my 25+ years of playing our beloved sport it got me thinking...

What is the best marker of all time? Now having thought about this for some time I thought well let's ask you guys what you think.

My opening gambit is...... The all conquering Autococker. I have had a number of these over the years and I still cannot think of a marker that IMHO is more satisfying to shoot. It's just the mechanical glory of it, that unmistakable sound!

Now I know this may well be a controversial topic as I can hear the Mag guys grumbling in the wings as I type this! But it would be great to hear your thoughts on this. Post up any pics of the marker you have (or have had) be great to see what's out there!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Mech... Revenge V2/Autococker variant. They were incredible.

Electro: Old school? Angel hands down owned the market for years. Now? Man that's tough, but the LV1 I have is a nail driver and requires almost no maintenance.

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
image.jpeg Here's my recently resurrected 1st generation Cocker brought new from Belsales in Farnborough in 1992 as far as I can remember. It has a low 10k serial number which as far as I can tell fits with the year of purchase I recall.

It is completely original (ignor the cp reg and ASA) which was fitted yesterday, I still have the 3.5oz expansion tank and bottom line as I used to run this on a remote hose with a 20oz tank. Just a starter for 10, let's see what you got!

Last edited:

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
I never had the pleasure of a revenge cocker but I have seen one, very nice indeed.

As for the Angel I have an LCD somewhere in the loft you are quite correct, an amazing bit of kit quite frankly head and shoulders above anything else out there at the time shame they seem to have all but disappeared.

The LV1 is awesome, reliable as a Russian tank and twice as deadly! I'm currently having a Dye phase at the moment and am using a DM14 as my regular marker, amongst others

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
I thought the angels shot like crap tbh I had an lcd an ir3fly and a 1 and there were guns out there that shot way better but tbh didn't look as sexy.

The best I'd say the EVO cocker as it was arguably the standard other companies couldn't quite match or they just put evo stuff in their bodies

Spydercam

Mar 20, 2016
Germany
spydercampaintball.jimdo.com
When i´ve started 1999 with my SpyderClassic the best markers onfield has been Automag´s, Autococker´s, Impulse´s, Shocker´s and Angels. Lot of markers between early and today !!!

I would say closed bolt is still the best !!!
My E2, halfbock with MQ-Valve is my favorite marker:

If i would have a RetroValve or an E-Grip for my Mag(just L7), may i would think different !?!?!?

Reactions: systemx

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
I have found it... Here she is in clear anno I used to feel like a rock star on the field with this ROLF!!!!

image.jpeg

Reactions: Rich H

systemx

Jul 3, 2011
London
Ah man that E2 is truly lovely...... Never had a half block cocker, if you ever want to part with that, drop me a line!!

The Automag has always been a bit of a unicorn to me, I owned one very briefly in the early 90's but I could not get on with it, in so much as the one I had was an early model and just kept breaking paint!! As for those poxy foamies you had to super glue to the bolt face that's another story!!

Still the later incarnations of the Mag I have to concede are at least on par with the cocker but I still feel the cocker pips the Mag on shear customisability and that fabled shot to shot accuracy.

Last edited:

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Hmm tough question this one and a damn excellent one to boot. My choice would be the Ion, cheap cheerful package that did everything a super expensive gun could do, opened up a huge market for customisation and aftermarket parts and made it possible for many ballers to step into the speedball world on a shoe string.

Reactions: Narkadox