Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best mask?

adria_mosso

May 5, 2017
Hi. Im looking for a great mask to avoid the fogging problems im having with my cheap one now.
Dye i4s are very loved by communities, but i know they are not "new", so maybe there are another ones with newer and better systems, i dunno.
Jt flex 8 full cover got reduced price in local shop (59,95€)
U think full cover masks are better?
Im starting with paintball but i want a great mask to avoid being upgrading with the time.
Thx

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi. Im looking for a great mask to avoid the fogging problems im having with my cheap one now.
Dye i4s are very loved by communities, but i know they are not "new", so maybe there are another ones with newer and better systems, i dunno.
Jt flex 8 full cover got reduced price in local shop (59,95€)
U think full cover masks are better?
Im starting with paintball but i want a great mask to avoid being upgrading with the time.
Thx

Goggles are very personal. What you will need are:
A good, non abused lens - the problem with rental masks isn't that they are cheap, but that 1000s have worn and abused them. Even if fitted with a thermal lens it will have been wiped and scratched by everyone and the thermal properties destroyed
Comfort - does it fit and feel right to you? The most expensive goggles might not fit you well

I'm not a fan of full head goggles. I have the original headshield and found it too restrictive for me. That didn't stop me from hanging onto them for lending out and occasional use myself as a good camera mount

Zackie Tran

May 18, 2017
The newest on the market so far for the dye mask is the dye i5. Its one of the best masks that giving the most vision on the field. The i5 also is slightly bigger than the dye i4 (which was too small for most people) at the chin part. Your forehead would still be expose if u have a big head. This problem can be fix with a headband or head protection. However, it's len is thermal len and antifog, cool look, kind of like robocop style, good design that u wont have to upgrade for long time.

Grill mask is also one of the best choice as well from my opinion. It's completely larger than the dye mask so it will cover the whole head. Aggressive look, many difference colours and styles, the len is also thermal and antifog. However it giving a smaller vision compare to the dye because of it's len is smaller than the dye len. The inside is much wider than the dye mask so you can wear glasses under it.

I own both dye and grill so this is my personal opinion. I would recommend you to go to he local field and ask them to let you try on difference masks to see if it fit your head and feel comfortable. I dont recommend whole head cover mask as you will get hot when play and the heat won't be able to escape. Here r some pictures of me wearing dye and grill

Attachments

Last edited:

Magicash

May 20, 2017
Milton Keynes(UK), Cloppenburg (DE)
Can anyone give me their experience with the Tippmann Valors?
I'm part of a small team / club that I play with when I'm working in Holland. We want to buy 10 pairs of something for if and when some of us bring mates.

Are they good. Sturdy. Do they fog up quick? I ask as they are really affordable. The pair I have played about with, they seemed great! But has anyone else had any experience with them? Naturally we don't want to spend tonnes on kit which is just for really occasional use.

Stefan Busby

May 18, 2017
Just coming back into playing and went for the Empire Events. Comfortable, decent vision but also really easy to take apart, clean etc. And come at a decent price either new or second hand. Lenses are reasonable also.