Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best or practical Rotors?

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Hi All,

So I've already posted on advice for my next marker (Ego vs Geo).

As I have a dfender I've not needed a rotor/loader. But if I'm getting a high end speedball marker I should probably make sure I match it with a rotor than can keep up with the marker.

What is the best rotors out there you would recommend and why?

Cheers

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
There's a new hk army loader due out..looks the business,or the usual spire or dye rotor,all more than good enough I'd imagine

Reactions: SgtPrawn

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
I like the convenience of my new dye r2. It lets me swap between 200/260 without having to take it apart and beeps when I'm down to 80 balls. I'm pretty new to this so amazing how much that helped since I have no idea how much paint I'm firing lol.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
But if I'm getting a high end speedball marker I should probably make sure I match it with a rotor than can keep up with the marker.
The rotor is just one (or 2 now that there is the new edition) model of hopper

Just by getting a 'high end' you don't necessarily need a high end hopper.
It needs to feed at a rate that you will shoot, and should it miss a beat then your gun should prevent chopping with eyes etc

The chances are that no matter what bps capbilities you have that in reality you will be around 10 to 13 bps, give or take a fraction of a ball per second
So any modern electric force feed will do that with ease

Don't bother with gravity hoppers
Shelf assisted gravity hoppers can feed electric guns if people are short on cash
Traditional electric agitated hoppers are basically gravity hoppers with an agitator so the shelf hopper is probably better vfm

People should now be in the market for force feed hoppers. A halo too is perfectly adequate for the reality of today
The enhancements of higher end / premium hoppers are quick disassembly, the potential to reprogramme the speed & pressure it puts on balls etc

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
I like the convenience of my new dye r2. It lets me swap between 200/260 without having to take it apart and beeps when I'm down to 80 balls. I'm pretty new to this so amazing how much that helped since I have no idea how much paint I'm firing lol.
Haha see my dfender chowed paint but because the feeder is lower than the barrel feed I knew when I had about 15 balls left, couldn't use them mind lol. That beep count is handy to have though!

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Just by getting a 'high end' you don't necessarily need a high end hopper.
It needs to feed at a rate that you will shoot, and should it miss a beat then your gun should prevent chopping with eyes etc
Haha but I don't want it to miss a beat lol (only joking I get what your saying) this is why advice is needed for us rookies. I definitely want a force feed, one that is easy in maintenance, good on battery life and aesthetically pleasing (though not a major over practicality). Appreciate the advice. What loader do you use?

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
It's great fun and looks mean. It's kind of efficient and can rapidly spread paint but the size and shape can be very awkward at times in the field. If your moving from cover to cover don't even bother trying to shoot, it's balky and heavy and affects your aim (could just be my aiming but don't have problems when still lol)! It doesn't break paint and is pretty cool to have a selector switch and plain sight of the field without the hopper in the way and as a target. It's also deadly silent (without the apex; porting). I can slate it but I also praise it, I have had so much fun with it I'll I think as the downfall is its balky! I wouldn't say its worth the price. If you can find it for £500 then it's worth it. It is a glorified axe after all. O a big major for me was the trigger is a let down, cheap plastic and feels worse that some BB guns you get from the fairgrounds haha!

Reactions: The Artful Dodger