Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best paint for Etha?

Stu_B

Dec 16, 2016
Hi Guys

Will need to buy my first lot of paint soon so just wondered if anyone has any recommendations for use in an Etha with the stock .693 barrel?

Will be used in woodsball if that makes any difference.

Used the LSA paint at NPF and found it to be good with no breaks and decent consistency.

Thanks for any replies in advance

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Any mid or low price winter fill will work fine maybe avoid higher than 4star since the etha is not particularly gentle

Stu_B

Dec 16, 2016
Sorry complete newbie here, can you recommend some brand names etc?

Thanks for the advice

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Sterling is what I use mostly, Had naught but problems with HK...
Valken has been about 50/50 along with GI but your mileage may vary...

Please note this is each company's recreational grades between 1-4 star not their top grade offerings.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Hi Guys

Will need to buy my first lot of paint soon so just wondered if anyone has any recommendations for use in an Etha with the stock .693 barrel?

Will be used in woodsball if that makes any difference.

Used the LSA paint at NPF and found it to be good with no breaks and decent consistency.

Thanks for any replies in advance
Your Etha is a "Spool " design ,(as oppposed to a poppet eg LV or Etek) and is better at shooting fragile paint,in all temperatures. All brands of paint are slightly different ,even all batches . Cheaper paint tends to bounce more ,spin off as the fill settles ,and sometimes look more like a 50pence piece than round.Rather than trumpet any particular brand ,better to shoot 2 star/economy paint for practice and invest a bit more for competitions.Which is cheaper ,to hit someone with a decent ball that breaks ,first time ?Or shoot 5 pots of cheap **** that just keeps bouncing off your target??

Stu_B

Dec 16, 2016
Your Etha is a "Spool " design ,(as oppposed to a poppet eg LV or Etek) and is better at shooting fragile paint,in all temperatures. All brands of paint are slightly different ,even all batches . Cheaper paint tends to bounce more ,spin off as the fill settles ,and sometimes look more like a 50pence piece than round.Rather than trumpet any particular brand ,better to shoot 2 star/economy paint for practice and invest a bit more for competitions.Which is cheaper ,to hit someone with a decent ball that breaks ,first time ?Or shoot 5 pots of cheap **** that just keeps bouncing off your target??
Are you sure about the Etha being softer on paint as that goes against a lot of what I have seen written about them?

Most seem to suggest they are quite hard on paint compared to other markers.

Thank you for the response though!