Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best places ik UK to buy quality budget 68/45 air tank please?

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
New :

Else its buying second hand

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
New :

Else its buying second hand
Thanks, I thought dot was us only, but what is TC? I also read abou Pi markings somewhere? What do I need to show to fields on bottles in UK nowadays? Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thanks, I thought dot was us only, but what is TC? I also read abou Pi markings somewhere? What do I need to show to fields on bottles in UK nowadays? Thanks
Dot is the US standard (department of transport)
TC is Canada (transport Canada)
Pi is the symbol for TPED (Transportable Pressure Equipment Directive - European standard
UNISO is a more recent international standard.

Cylinders may be marked with multiple standards. In the UK can use a multi marked DOT/TC/Pi cylinder but not if it’s just DOT/TC
Buy from a reputable UK retailer and you know it will be good for the UK

You would need to show your cylinder at sites before you can fill, to check that it’s UK legal, in date, and that is free from damage.

Have a look at the UKPSFs HPA1 air safety guide. It’s now out of date with regard to newer standards, but remains valid for key air safety.

Noting that you asked about a budget cylinder, do consider an aluminium 3000psi. They give best value for money of air to £, and though ‘heavier’ than fibre wrapped a ‘standard’ 48ci 3000 has a similar weight to a ‘standard’ 68ci 4500.
You don’t get the wider range of shapes and sizes or the benefit of a curved base* to roll in your shoulder, but you do save money and may find that many sites only do 3000psi fills anyway.
It’s personal preference and experience as to whether the difference between types is worth >£100 extra (and then hydro testing every 5 years)

* if you shop around there was a 3000psi aluminium with the curved base and may still be available in some retailers

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
TC is transport Canada, Basically any bottle that carries the new UN ISO 11119 Certificate ( I say new but it's been out since 2012 ) is legal worldwide, it supersedes DOT, TC and Pi, though the bottles may still have those markings on them as well. Also any bottle made to the UN ISO 11119 standard technically has no death date and can be used for ever as long as it passes the hydro test every five years, though a lot of manufacturers are still putting a 15 year life span on their bottles.
As for what you need to show to use in the UK either the Pi mark or the UN ISO 11119 cert.
I don't think there any budget brands of the type you're looking for.

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk