Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best reball marker for under £250?

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Potentially I could even get vibes with blackheart boards also, after all these markers are mainly to get new players playing. My main concern is reliability with reballs so if anyone knows of any long term issues with reballs and vibes please let me know. I'm on an intelligence gathering mission right now lol.

The SLG isnt exactly like a blowback it wont suffer the same recocking problems blowbacks can have at low pressure.

I dont know for sure if you can tophat mod an SLG, I dont see why not.
You can definately do a vibe.

Personally Id go with the SLG because id resent how smart parts have intentionally cripped their own stock board.

The long term issue I pointed out earlier still stands.
Unless your planning on stripping them every 20 shots, the guns will wear alot quier than they would with paint.

I always advise people to use guns with plastic bolts at reball.

But I cant think of any decent plastic bolt guns within your price range so I guess thats not much help to ya.

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
reball goodness :)

i personally shoot a UL slg with reballs and i can say this.
the bonus of having the purge button on the back cap means that if there is ever a re cocking issue.... (i normally get one every 3 games or so) pressing the button maybe twice will reset the bolt so all is good again.
personally when i shot an ion i had problems with the balls getting stuck and causing the need for re cocking. which was effort without the bolt out back design:rolleyes:

i also shoot an 07 pmr which i find works really well with the reballs too. the only thing you would need to do is replace the detents with the slg style sprung loaded ones as they do not wear out anywhere near as fast as the stock pmr ones.

yes the slg UL board is 09 mill compliant and also the 09 pmr's are too.

personally not had experience with the G3's but we do have people shooting fusion 08's and alias style intimidators also.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Invert Mini's? Hugely underrated markers....
Agreed, but the board and price make them unsuitable in this situation unfortunately.

ant, what velocity are you running your slg at in reballing, and has the recocking issue gotten worse or just seems to be a problem that crops up every few games? I could tolerate having to recock them every now and then, but if we're looking at a progressive deterioration then I think I'd have to look for something else. Your experience would be very valuable so any info is apprciated. We may be able to stretch to pmr09's if I do some maths, so tell me a bit more about how your pmr runs (any issues besides detents?) as well please. Cheers

Dev

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Etek 1? I've seen them go fairly cheap but i'm not sure about the 10bps thing.....

Failing that you might be lucky and pick up some well used a1's.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I'd jump on etek1s, but they're hard to find new (uni red tape, 2nd hand isn't an option for us) and are a bit pricey new anyway.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Sorry, I didn't realise you had to buy them new.

Ninja edit,

what about Spyder electras?? I'll need to check they can do 10bps, but you'd be pleasantly surprised by the new ones believe me.

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
Try buying one of each recommended gun - shoot 500 or so reballs in it, see which one is best, then sell the other guns that you dont need and stock up with the good gun.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Try buying one of each recommended gun - shoot 500 or so reballs in it, see which one is best, then sell the other guns that you dont need and stock up with the good gun.
and lose a few hundred quid in the process. not to mention that we can't exactly auction up gear that the student union owns.