Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best UK player of all time

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
Jahlad, I think maybe the second or 3rd event Eagle camo was born

Shelley, camp camp, Steve and Jenny and some of the bikers on BC were probably to blame for all the black leather stuff going on at that time...ha ha

Scutty, if you need a pipe and slippers I need my Zimmer frame with Pete

Pete, your brother has by far been one ofthe most genuine and nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing in pball--repect to Mel
From your memory Pete was there a team called tunnel Rats that wore bright pink puffer coats or am I going completley mad
I agree with almost all your list apart from 1 maybe

Sid....I was there in a team called soldiers of fortune I think...ha ha ha

BBS it wasnt Darenth it was a woodland site just off the A249 on the left as you lefy mway, maybe 300-500 yds and on the left???
How do you get Steve Mattacot in your list

Niall, I do get your list but you new these players better than most, your site team at the time I believe and you would have more insite into there style of play and decisions, sometimes when playing against them they just seemed to throw it togethr at the last minute....??....lol

Pete, Phil, Giles and Dave Spittle top my list for all time greats, I have many more but these are the only ones ever to win in the US at std tournament events albeit with American teams

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
oh my GOD

Whoo hooo.....

We were there, Hitsoshoti I think we were called the second time round, came down from Edinburgh, no gear, no masks, no kit, nothing, no one told us we needed our own kit for tournaments.....so we used rentals.....up against guys with Sterlings, Budd Orr cockers, Phantoms, and her was us with our 10 shots down the barrel single shot bolt and tip markers...getting hammered.....hold on, no change to Scotland Teams there then ;o)

Sid

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by jewel
Pete, your brother has by far been one ofthe most genuine and nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting and knowing in pball--repect to Mel
From your memory Pete was there a team called tunnel Rats that wore bright pink puffer coats or am I going completley mad
I agree with almost all your list apart from 1 maybe

You are right about my brother, he is the nicer one of my family :)

He was always underrated as a player I think and as you rightly say, is one of the world's nice people and a lot more placid :)

He was actually a really good writer too in that he used to write some really funny articles for Paintball Adventures, he retired from playing about 7 years ago and it was he who created the Shades of Grey team that so many good players came from.

As for the Tunnel Rats, I just about remember the name let alone what they wore so I can't help on that one, sorry.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
oh my GOD

Originally posted by Sid_Clan
Whoo hooo.....

We were there, Hitsoshoti I think we were called the second time round, came down from Edinburgh, no gear, no masks, no kit, nothing, no one told us we needed our own kit for tournaments.....so we used rentals.....up against guys with Sterlings, Budd Orr cockers, Phantoms, and her was us with our 10 shots down the barrel single shot bolt and tip markers...getting hammered.....hold on, no change to Scotland Teams there then ;o)

Sid
Sid, were you anything to do with the Scottish team Renegade Legion who once came down to Hook Wood?...... please, please please, say you did :)

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
?

To be honest mate I have no idea....

I played two tournaments in England prior to setting up the Cameronians in 1990ish, both were massive games, like 20 man or something. With loads of English Teams at them, I'm sure there were a few big name teams there as I had started reading PGI at the time and recognised some teams.

Renegade Legion....rings a bell, but my memory is fading mate....if it was late 80's then chances are I was in there somewhere....just a young teenage kid without a clue about paintball....now I'm a 34 year old kid with 5 kids and no clue about paintball.... ;)

You never know Robbo, maybe you and I have brushed shoulders in the past ;)

Sid

D

duffistuta

Keith Williams was awesome...I always really rated John Boy and Ivan from The Turks too. Jacko was brilliant, Gazza Hurley and Little Rob from NWC were great.

Pete, Phil, Rafe, Bart, Markus, Ledz, Dave Spittle, Jack Wood and Matty Schmidt all go without saying really.

Pailey and Speedy from Banzai arguably started the whole youth thing - they were killers and starring in their own ads at 17, when the average Pro was probably still 30+.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
?

Originally posted by Sid_Clan

You never know Robbo, maybe you and I have brushed shoulders in the past ;)

Sid

I do sooo hope it was when the Renegade Legion played NWC in Hook Wood, if you did, then there truly is a God...and he's English:)

BBS

Toooo old to care.
Jan 28, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by jewel

was there a team called tunnel Rats that wore bright pink puffer coats or am I going completley mad

Tunnel Rats existed, played against them a few times and picked up one of their players when they disbanded and we were setting up. (unless my mind has gone walkabout again and there were two teams by the same name!)
How do you get Steve Mattacot in your list

I just typed him in!!

Sorry.

Thought he had class at the time.
Mel Robinson was a true class player, very fluid if I recall.