Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best UK player of all time

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
smiling as I write

I go back that far Shelley and yes I do know your dad, and you come to think of it as well

He is a very great player from yesteryear, but does not get my overall vote for the following reason/s

Unfortunately he did not win any events other than one 5 man in the US, I do agree he was a special player and always a real pleasure to watch
I would also say he had more to his game than just being a front player, I have seen him win from all over the field

I would also agree with you that he nipped your uncle Rafe by a margin when it comes to results, Apologies Rafe but its true :)

Marcus Davis is out on his own for being the captain of the most successful UK team we will ever see,
Matt is a class player
Pete has many title to his name but no longer playing

Bart is a legend Shelley but to add a twist, who is still playing from that era, that has been successful ???????????

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
true true

yester years players are not at the top level now but refering to football nor is Gary Lineker or Gazza (Same era) quoting my dad...

"If I played now to the level I did then, it will take some adjusting cos of the gun cheats, but one thing will let me down my joints! ... I'll play, come back with the flag and fall apart."

So age is a factor!

However, Jon Bonidge did tell Bart, games only last a few minutes now, not the old 15 - 20 minute flag grabs! He nearly took up the chance of playing with the NEW Preds, but said no due to the fact he likes fly fishing more now!:rolleyes: and he needs his joints to catch trout! lol:p

Dad/Bart retired at the top of UK and Europe NOT USA, back then in the woods you had to beat the US Marshalls too!:rolleyes:

Phil Ham, Robbo, then decided to play for the yanks i.e. All Americans to get a taster of Yanky Titles:) But they were back players.

If you want a UK All Time Legend - Bart Farmer - for like you said...
I have seen him win from all over the field
perspective

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
true true

Originally posted by ShelleyHicky

Phil Ham, Robbo, then decided to play for the yanks i.e. All Americans to get a taster of Yanky Titles:) But they were back players.

If you want a UK All Time Legend - Bart Farmer - for like you said... perspective
Actually Shell, I wasn't a back player for All Americans or Aftershock, I was more an insert player playing in the mid positions for both teams.

And as I understand it, 'Best UK player of all time' doesn't in any way mean they have to be playing now, I think someobody misunderstood that point earlier on in the thread.

And they weren't Yank titles Shell, they were World titles I went over to contest and win, the very same titles the Preds and Barts went over to try and win.

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
didnt get all of that

Some players from that era are still playing I think, not at an American level but they do still play Am/pro?????????

It would have been interesting if your dad made that attempt back in his day to go and play with the yanks in US, as an UK/american player you do not have to play the refs, and things could have been very different and he could have world cup to his credentials

Players like Phil Ham, Pete Robinson, Giles Marshall and Dave Spittle know only to well and 2 of these players are not back players ???????

Would he not consider a coaching position with a pro team, saves his joints, best of both worlds as I am sure he has a lot to offer any team.................anyway he isnt that bloody old

Age of course is a factor but what we lack for in youth we make up for in experience, sometime that gap will become to much and we use other means to brigde the gap, timing is also crucial and some young players just never get that. It has to be a blend young and experienced and mature and experienced

We have a new breed of player doing this now with the Russian Legion and I wish them very well it will improve our sport in the UK maybe in 10-15 years they will be legends in there own right

Come Shelley rack those brains, who is the player thet would get your vote dad and uncleRafe excluded

;-)

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
Re: true true

Originally posted by Robbo
Actually Shell, I wasn't a back player for All Americans or Aftershock, I was more an insert player playing in the mid positions for both teams.

And as I understand it, 'Best UK player of all time' doesn't in any way mean they have to be playing now, I think someobody misunderstood that point earlier on in the thread.

And they weren't Yank titles Shell, they were World titles I went over to contest and win, the very same titles the Preds and Barts went over to try and win.
Very very true Peter,

my original subject was based around playing or non playing, but sid added a twist that interested me

who wins your votes in order if its not to hard

say top ten

Buns of steel

Coach & Banker!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2003
sussex.
Visit site
mmmmmmm

Originally posted by jewel
Sid

Big old Jimmy the sponge as well, ex shades, shockwave and now playing with Tigers YG

Not belittling the YG guys but Jimmy Da Sponge will shortly be off to Miami to mix it with the Big Boys in the NPPL, he still deserves, and gets a spot in the front squad. He will be very honoured to be placed in such esteemed company.:)

Having played with and against some of the best ballers of the last decade, I will reserve my choice so as not to offend those I don't mention.;)

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
Robbo - apologies back player or insert, You are a great player, but of course I will choose Dad I saw him play more than you - lol. Plus back then before the states you were NMC and Shades, I was the one booing you on the side lines - remember. Again you are THE ambassador of the sport, that I will not take away - long live Robbo.

Jewel - Bart will not play paintball at competitive level and not attempt, because it is an addiction if you know what I mean, even if he coached, he'd rather look back and smile:) I would love him to play - and perhaps soon he might but I doubt it.

BART FARMER still gets my vote for UK paintball LEGEND.

To rack my brains... I'll give you MY top ten...

1. Bart farmer
2. Giles Marshall
3. Dave Spittle
4. Robbo
5. Ledz
6. Marcus Davis
7. Matty Schmitt
8. Phil Ham
9. Rafe Farmer
10. Twizzel

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
bottler

come come now lets have your idea, you know you are of that era so you will be speaking from a knowledgable base of fact and not fiction, dont hide behind an excuse

Just add an apology for anyone you missed and blame it on your wiser years

It was tongue in cheek for Jimmy playing with the YG, just my sense of humour he would permit me the joke Im sure :)))))))))

lol

my bad

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
Jewel - Bart will not play paintball at competitive level and not attempt, because it is an addiction if you know what I mean, even if he coached, he'd rather look back and smile:) I would love him to play - and perhaps soon he might but I doubt it.

BART FARMER still gets my vote for UK paintball LEGEND.

To rack my brains... I'll give you MY top ten...

1. Bart farmer
2. Giles Marshall
3. Dave Spittle
4. Robbo
5. Ledz
6. Marcus Davis
7. Matty Schmitt
8. Phil Ham
9. Rafe Farmer
10. Twizzel

Shelley, one day he may decide he wants to take part again, I hope to see that day, yes I do understand the addiction part, but I also know its something that never leaves you especially when you play at your dads level

You list is extensive and quite agreeable for me, have you had the luck to see all of these players play over the years, I think you are one very lucky girl/lady

;-)