Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best UK player of all time

Rimmington

Manchester Firm
Jul 14, 2005
Knowle, Solihull
Visit site
Jim Frensham :p Played for Nofolk & Chance, UK Firm, UK Predators, UK Shockwave, UK Chameleons

Other Appearances : Russian Legion USSR, All Americans USA, Camp Tigers France, Houston Heat USA, New York Extreme USA

i think hee needs a metion :(

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by jewel
Best UK player of all time

Taking it back a few years, who was the most successful of all time that played, UK, Europe and America
Best and most successful are to different things given the ammount to development in paintball that there has been. And even then success can be defined in terms of either results or the value of those results. The value of results is probabley very closely linked with a concept of best.

To be honest i don't know enough about the indivisuals to comment though. But to ilustrate the distinction, i reckon the most successful team in terms of results would have to be preds. But while there is development and improvement in paintball, at any point in time the best team will normally be a contempory one. And i'd say the best UK team ever would basically be nexus or tigers.

Applying the same line of thinking to the question of who is the best UK player rather than the most successful, i'd expect it to be a younger player more recent player.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Rimmington
Jim Frensham :p Played for Nofolk & Chance, UK Firm, UK Predators, UK Shockwave, UK Chameleons

Other Appearances : Russian Legion USSR, All Americans USA, Camp Tigers France, Houston Heat USA, New York Extreme USA

Rimmington, what the hell are u talking about?
Jim didn't play for all those teams......

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
Fun thread this :D

Very few old school players were actually able to succesfully make the transition into modern day paintball - and prove they were great at several levels.... most others mentioned in this thread either never attempted to prove they could - or started getting blown off the fields all the time (proving they couldn't).

By "modern day" - I don't mean woodland vs Sup'Air... because early Sup'Air and Hyperball was easy and slow..... - I mean the evolution the game has gone through the past 5 years technically and technologically, where only the very best players have been able to still be great Pro players in the new and much tougher environment.

Baring anyone I'm forgetting, they are:

- Ledz
- Giles
- Matty

They are the great brit paintballers of all time to me :)

Nick

Rimmington

Manchester Firm
Jul 14, 2005
Knowle, Solihull
Visit site
Originally posted by Rimmington

When i say Other Appearances i mean Guested

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
i remember jim playing for the english teams and HOUSTON HEAT with steve rabakoff there was a picture of him and steve from the firm with the team in pgi years ago (when tim tighe was editor) and i remember him telling me about the AAs 2 possibly that they all had to be picked up by adam and billy in the team bus/van like on a school run,maybe im wrong but jimmy wasnt a bad player for a scottish umpa lumpa :rolleyes: ;) :D and i great bloke who taught me alot while i played for the firm

most important think i learnt from him was you can get 12 pisted up ballers in a land cruiser and a very sober tim tighe and get back to your hotel in one piece;)

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Fun thread this :D
Very few old school players were actually able to succesfully make the transition into modern day paintball - and prove they were great at several levels.... most others mentioned in this thread either never attempted to prove they could - or started getting blown off the fields all the time (proving they couldn't).

Nick
So only players who made the transition to the 'modern' game or have only played supairball in the last few years count ?

It's one of those statemants that go's round and round then dissappears up it's own arse!
It's a bit like saying that Alexander/ Wellington/ Rommel / Monty would be crap generals today because they didn't have cruise misslies.

Along the same lines Best / Puskas / Moore / Beckenbaur & Pele would still probably be great footballers today in the modern game.
In fact considering the lack of technolgy that is now applied to that particular sport they'd be even better with new boots that can bend the ball round a right angle with ball that can tell you how fast it's going

Most of the the old schol players named, made the game what it is today and in their time they were great and it was a privillage to play with or against them.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
So only players who made the transition to the 'modern' game or have only played supairball in the last few years count ?
Chill out dude - I don't make the rules - it's just my personal oppinion :)

And - if Rommel was alive today, he WOULD be a great general - and my point was, that those players excelled on BOTH sides of the divide between "old schoool" and "modern" - which is what makes them great in my book.

:)

Nick

P.S. - I played against most of them as well - I played the Home Counties League with the Redskins waaaay back in 1992 (I think it was) :)