Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best UK player of all time

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
AAARRRGHHHH - get off my case dammit :D:D:D

YES - undoubtedly there were - problem is that none of them proved they would be great at modern paintball (by choice or default (age)) - and as such are impossible for me to pick with the criteria I have decided to go by - which is:"old school players that were also great in modern day".

:)

Nick

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
AAARRRGHHHH - get off my case dammit :D:D:D

YES - undoubtedly there were - problem is that none of them proved they would be great at modern paintball (by choice or default (age)) - and as such are impossible for me to pick with the criteria I have decided to go by - which is:"old school players that were also great in modern day".

:)

Nick

Hmmmmmmmm............:confused:

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
What Pete?

Yes - you were the GREATEST - and better "old school" than the guys I picked :D:D:D

Only - I have chosen to pick players that excelled at both types of paintball - so shoot me (but please - no velocity ramping ;))

Nick

Sep 27, 2005
Visit site
Nick

I agree, the thread was not meant to be hard and fast rules, it was meant to be open and take many turns since its conception
I can see your thought and its very valid, there are very few UK based ballers who are still playing from the OLD Skool way

I dont always agree that just because a sports Icon from a sport of yesteryear would be a great player today whether it be boxing football or rugby, only when they transverse many years can that be accepted

I suppose you could use Marcus Davis as a prospect, fantastic in his day but has not made the transition after missing the time in between, I remember watching Turks playing at Campaign after some time off and it was woeful "shame but true" you would have thought with there experience and skill it would have been easier how wrong

Just my opinion of course like yours Nick and if anyone doesnt like it I dont really care

:D

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
Fun thread this :D

Very few old school players were actually able to succesfully make the transition into modern day paintball - and prove they were great at several levels.... most others mentioned in this thread either never attempted to prove they could - or started getting blown off the fields all the time (proving they couldn't).

By "modern day" - I don't mean woodland vs Sup'Air... because early Sup'Air and Hyperball was easy and slow..... - I mean the evolution the game has gone through the past 5 years technically and technologically, where only the very best players have been able to still be great Pro players in the new and much tougher environment.

Baring anyone I'm forgetting, they are:

- Ledz
- Giles
- Matty

They are the great brit paintballers of all time to me :)

Nick
Ledz and Matty certainly made the transition seamlessly and over a long period and are great players, and I think you'd have to put Jack Wood in there too personally.