Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Vs Worst thing about this site

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Skaffen
The good

Quite a UK-specific theme to news, info and posts. Makes a very welcome change from everything being US focused.

Decent advice from the majority of posters.

The bad

Not enough use made of stickys - you could probably halve the number of posts in the techroom with one sticky containing facts about DOT/HSE bottles & retest intervals which was kept relevant and up to date.

Can be a teensie bit cliquey at times.

Some posters who seem to regard non-tourny players as being inferior in some way.

Mods don't seem to be particuarly active.
I'm guessing most people use the view new posts button, in which case stickies don't do much good. But I get your point.

What sort of activity do you expect from the mods? I know that I do plenty of stuff, and so does Baca, most of which hard or impossible to see for non mods. Personally I prefer sites which are moderated in a way that it doesn't seem like there's some forum police around. But I'm truly interested in what you mean, this is no dig at you. help us improve, mate.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by Robbo
I take exception to that statement, it's downright outrageous and just plain untrue............I regard non-tourney players as being inferior in EVERY way !!
Robbo :)
Hey I remember there was some guy called Robbo who used to play paintball......are you like his son or something? ;)

Buddha - I think I'm probably used to forums where the mods are slightly more aggressive, got no specific grumbles that I can point to, just doesn't quite feel right without some nazi-mods deleting anything off-topic. :)

D

duffistuta

Best: It's not Smacktalk

Worst: My phonebill since Robbo returned to the forums

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Skaffen
Hey I remember there was some guy called Robbo who used to play paintball......are you like his son or something? ;)
Ouch, Ouch, and Ouch again !!!!

My playing days are most certainly over and am now undergoing a metamorphosis, much like Gandalf did after 'having it large' with the Balrog.
I will come out stronger :)
Lord of the Nexus
TEAM !!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Beaker
Rock On !!!
PM's have been increased to 500 characters - rar!
Job's a good 'un p8ntballer :cool:
No Probs Beak, I was gonna allow images as well to be transferred but decided not to because of the data transfer increase and of course would have caused problems with all the pervs we got on this board, especially Bowen with his predilection for all things gay !!
Pete

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Ouch, Ouch, and Ouch again !!!!

My playing days are most certainly over and am now undergoing a metamorphosis, much like Gandalf did after 'having it large' with the Balrog.
I will come out stronger :)
Lord of the Nexus
TEAM !!!!
It's like footie, player -> player/manager - > manager. Just don't forget the dodgy sheepskin coat. :)

Best of luck with the team m8.

Right, that's 1 good player out of the picture, only need to convince the other 4,738,632 people better than me to stop playing and I'll be the greatest player in the world! ;)

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
No Probs Beak, I was gonna allow images as well to be transferred but decided not to because of the data transfer increase and of course would have caused problems with all the pervs we got on this board, especially Bowen with his predilection for all things gay !!
Pete
Don't see the need for images, if it's really important then they can use e-mail. But PM's are usefull for getting hold of people quickly but the old character limit was a hassle - 500 is just right.

Bowen - yeah, less said about that the better :eek: :D