Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Way To Hold Your Gun?

Rich ECI

London ECI.
Nov 10, 2006
I know this is a bit of a stupid question, because its probably down to person taste, but i see experienced players use their fingers on their left hand to help stable their markers.

Where do you position your gun and hands, to get the best accuracy.

I Also use the bottle like it's a stock, is there a better position to hold my Marker?

I'm right handed and use my left had to stable the gun, but should i use my index fingers to stable the top half of my gun?

Edible.

PS. I'm fed Up of holding my marker like a newbie, I've been playing for over a year, took me nearly a year to realise that holding the gun like AL pacino isn't a good idea.
With your hands ;)

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
if u are shooting whilst on the run do not have the marker resting on(or pressed into) your shoulder
if you do this the marker will bounce as you step, therefore you will not be able to keep the marker aimed at a target
hold it further to the centre of your chest as this cushions the impact and allows you to keep your marker more steady

hope this helps
=]
Actually Im going to try that at next practice. I did a run through yesterday and despite mugging both my targets my marker was bouncing all over the place as I ran with the bottle in my shoulder. :)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
You need to practise just running with it in your shoulder.
The more you do it, the less wobbly it will become (if you have a running machine at home, try on there, or in your garden)

Also practise running, & mugging holding the marker with your 'off' hand, because when you decide which side to mug someone from, you need the deciding factor to be them, and which way they're facing, not which way you prefer mugging from, because little details like that will mean the differences between winning and losing 1 on 1's and winning and losing games.

Practise swapping hands during a run. (if you need to go up the middle, and your first person is on your right, but your second's on your left, whaddaya gonna do, twist all the way around mid-run?

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
Just a little tip for bunkering. If you run at a target bunker almost head on but slightly to whatever side you are going to pass, it is harder for your opposition to see you and react to you then get really close to the said target bunker and as you pass close(within a meter or so) empty shorter controlled bursts into your targets body the closer you are the less the marker wobbling as you move will affect your accuracy (obviously). Don't do what I did and come at them in an arc shooting from quite a long way off:rolleyes:

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Skeet told me it's better to balance without putting it on your shoulder, unless you run like a chicken, in which case you're going to be even more balanced.. If he's wrong I'll have to get him out next training session :)

Joe
Yeah, he's right, never on your shoulder.

Put it just in the crook of your arpmpit. Pull it into you so it doesn't flop about when you run.
Keep your elbow tight towards your body when you aren't running and want to keep a tight line against a barricade when you're snapping.
When you dive remember to take the gun away from your body, or you risk a broken collarbone ;).

This is it. (sorry, stole another pic out of someone's photobucket)
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/PEB06/?action=view&current=Junioranimation1.gif

If you're finding it uncomfortable to hold your marker, your setup length might be wrong.
If you hold the marker in your hand (palm up), with the bottle on, the bottle should be only slightly longer than the crook of your elbow. Definitely no shorter. No dropforwards!
Everyone and their dog used to use one, but it really helps snapping and stability when you're running, to have a bottle against your body.

And if you're still finding it uncomfortable, just keep your setup around, and hold it while you're watching telly, you will become comfortable with it, until it becomes merely an extension of you, and you forget it is there at all, in games.

Cook$ said:
OR...... we could actually help the guy out? Try and get some photos of pro's of the net, run a google image search on Ollie Lang etc, that should give you some clues. You should be using your left hand, it should be holding your front reg (or vice versa if you're a lefty) with your right hand actually holding the gun. I find if I put the back of my bottle just under/on my right collarbone, then look throught the gun, (over the body THROUGH the feedneck) that's the best way to hold it.

But then what would I know, I was sh*t.

;)
He's right you know ;), he couldn't've been that bad.

PEBBLE

Toot de la fruit!
Nov 8, 2004
Yeah, he's right, never on your shoulder.

Put it just in the crook of your arpmpit. Pull it into you so it doesn't flop about when you run.
Keep your elbow tight towards your body when you aren't running and want to keep a tight line against a barricade when you're snapping.
When you dive remember to take the gun away from your body, or you risk a broken collarbone ;).

This is it. (sorry, stole another pic out of someone's photobucket)
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/PEB06/?action=view&current=Junioranimation1.gif

If you're finding it uncomfortable to hold your marker, your setup length might be wrong.
If you hold the marker in your hand (palm up), with the bottle on, the bottle should be only slightly longer than the crook of your elbow. Definitely no shorter. No dropforwards!
Everyone and their dog used to use one, but it really helps snapping and stability when you're running, to have a bottle against your body.

And if you're still finding it uncomfortable, just keep your setup around, and hold it while you're watching telly, you will become comfortable with it, until it becomes merely an extension of you, and you forget it is there at all, in games.

He's right you know ;), he couldn't've been that bad.

Ha everyone seems to use my photobucket