Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best way to start?!?

Edvinas

Jul 12, 2015
Hello I'm new at paint ball and i want to know which brand is best in quality for beginners? i mean for guns, protection, balls, containers and all other stuff. Of course price is very important I'm not wiling to spend loads of money because i don't have much. so i want to know best brand that suits a price. Also i want to know how to maintain the weapons and keep them at best performance all the time.. if you can help me guys that would be great. thanks a lot .

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A whole world of guns to choose from, its best to wait as long as you can before spending

Part of your choice will be based on what sort of paintball floats your boat, and slightly less important but very handy when it comes to servicing or any problems is where you will be attending
If you go to to larger scenario events or tournaments then you will find traders and tech support
Very useful if you have a real problem or fancy a chat and having a proper tech show you around maintaining
(The chat and a show around will apply when they aren't too busy fixing something - planet eclipse & Tippman are good for that as they are reliable and their techs aren't busy!)

Where are you based, what are you into, how much have you played?

In tournament style you want light, balanced and ergonomic
In the woods, the same applies but you are less often in a direct face to face situation so you can go more for looks if you want
Often people tend to think of Woodsball and scenario equaling the more gun style gun

I've mentioned tippmann and planet eclipse
Tippmann are the old reliables and guns such as the 98, a5, x7 just keep on working
Easy to maintain and to sort out an issue
Tournament styles tend to be a bit more technological but that doesn't have to be complicated, most issues in any game are solved by popping out the bolt and a pull through or changing to a new battery

Goggles - so much choice and at every price
Try some on and see how they feel

Air - avoid co2, but that will be dictated by where you play
A standard 3000psi aluminium will work with any gun and is vfm for a starter

You want a hopper to load paint into your gun. Choice will depend on your gun (a5s and x7s use the cyclone so that dictates your choice). Otherwise an electric force feed will keep feeding anything - a halo too is a bargain and will keep up in tournaments

Pod belts or vests depends on choice

Standard fat boy pods are fine

Clothing and protective gear will depend on how you play
If you're going to play tournament style then a bounce vest helps close up, and knee / elbow pads are worth while
In the woods they are less essential but if you are going to crawl or kneal then consider knees and elbows

Reactions: Edvinas and BZNeil