Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BF3 Beta released

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Anyone else played it yet? Thoughts?
This is the first beta I've played so I don't have anything to judge it against.

Mag7

Sep 19, 2006
Guernsey
not a MW3 v BF3 critique in anyways because I like both - my comments:

Took me an hour to download
Taking into account the it’s a Beta -
Good looking game, weapons still arent precise enough aaarrrrrhhhhhhh !!!!!
Still erratic gameplay, ages to respawn, but the ability to respawn on teammates positions encourages good team play
Matched against highter ranks with superior weapons, hit markers with sniper rifles bu no kill ! Has to be the most annoying thing ever.
The grenades arent worth having
The melee is really really poor.
No vehicles on the beta - which is the only reason I played the actual game.
MW is definitely a better reflection of skill / reaction ingameplay.
BF3 is more of a big game battle dynamic with more polished militiary stylised hud & graphics. Some lovely light effects.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Played it, great gameplay but very buggy almost everywhere (even for a beta). The bugs and glitches can be infuriating sometimes, so I hope the end product is a lot more complete.

But otherwise, great :)

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Its ok

Xbox format like the game play multiplayer looks good just wait for the full version. Will be this or MW3

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
on PS3 too.

I was disappointed, but hope that this is because it's a beta. I found the hit markers hard to see, the guns have heavy recoil and seem to be nerfomatics, the whole thing seems 'fuzzy', the map released is very COD, too linear, and really? - 2 ways into a tunnel guarded by snipers that are already lvl 20?
I found myself crawling underneath the graphics. and why are they putting sights onto my gun without me selecting them? I like irons!
I guess the medic is 'support' now?
Agree about the grenades, and when I knife someone that's lying down, why does he stand up, turn around to face me, and then die? I was freaking out! Horrible, horrible melee.
plus, I play conquest, and not rush

I'm not giving up on the game, and fully expect it to be awesome, but not having played a beta before I wasn't sure what to expect...

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
(Just going on previous points raised by Mag7)
:)

I haven't had much problems with the weapons being inaccurate, as long as you lead your shots for running targets and account for bullet arc with snipers. I find that it's much easier to find proper placement with the US weapons rather than the AK weapons, especially the standard defending sniper (guh, horrible weapon). It usually takes 2/3 shots with a snipe to kill, which isn't hard with the semi-auto. Bolt actions are more powerful and can kill in one shot if you hit them high enough :) I just hate the attacking/defending weapons being different, though. I absolutely love the attacking weapon sets over the AK's. Weapon customisation is very good though.

It does take forever to respawn, but that's usually to give a chance of revival by a teammate, which is a godsend on the attacking side. Team spawning is awesome, meaning you can get right into it rather than running for ages (although there have been times when spawning on a teammate has lead to both of us getting immediately killed)

There isn't any balancing of teams at all. One game yesterday I was stuck against five level 30+'s who owned the entire game, that wasn't fun. Generally speaking it's not so bad though.

Grenades are awful, they have to be very well placed for any chance of a kill, and even then they can't be cooked so take forever to actually go off. It does stop it being a frag-fest though (wish I could say the same about the RPG's)

Melee isn't worth doing, except for the novelty of it sometimes. Even then it's very difficult to get right.

On top of all that, there are some very questionable glitches. Random flashing and flickering of the screen (causing headaches). Randomly bouncing up and down in some places. Being pulled into the floor like quicksand, being unable to move because of this or getting stuck when running because of a badly placed seam, etc etc. It needs to be smoothed out a lot :)

The menu system is god-awful. Don't bother trying to go in as a squad, it takes forever to find a game and even then you'll be on different teams. If you are on the same team, it's pure luck if you end up in the same squad, which isn't great if you wanted to have some teamwork with your mates. There are random loading screen glitches, where you get stuck and have to reload the beta to actually do anything, the same can apply when actually trying to get into a party with your friends. You have to be a live player to actually enter the menu to quit the game, even when the game is over and you're in the stats screen (you have to spawn in the new game AND THEN leave). Sometimes absolutely nothing works. I just attribute most of these problems to it being a beta. Hopefully the finished game will have addressed almost everything.