Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bicyclists of the mountaineering type

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
That's actually quite impressive for the money. The Easton EA30 finishing kit is a nice touch and adds a bit of value to the bike. Alivio groupset throughout with Shimano M395 hydros, it's really quite good value.

How tall are you Dusty and do you know your inside leg measurement?

5'11" and a 31 inside leg. I'll spare you the rest of my measurements :D

Reactions: frobinson

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Whatever you end up with, you'll probably want to switch out the original tyres, get some advice from local trail riders as to what they use, most of the time the OG tyres are a compromise, if you do this at the point of purchase the bike shop should just charge you the difference in price on the tyres ;)

Reactions: Dusty

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
And you should be OK with a 19" frame and 29" wheels, any smaller and they tend to overwhelm the bike and in extreme cases they can touch your feet as you corner if the pedals are fore and aft! But, on a bigger frame their lower rolling resistance is a benefit. Tempting as it is to shop online, it's worth checking out the local stores too, developing a good relationship will pay off when you want advice, servicing and running repairs.

Reactions: Dusty and frobinson

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Final suggestion, if you can stretch to £550, this Kona actually looks like it has nice geometry (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kona-fire-mountain-2014/) and looks like it'd be a good ride. Maybe not quite as good spec. as the Cube but still nice for the money!

And not necessarily true @onasilverbike. We for instance, would charge you the full price of the tyres (and any other additional parts you wanted fitted) but we'd fit it all for free and also supply the original components to you too. Unless of course we negotiated some sort of deal...

Regardless, I do agree, you'll change out the tyres pretty quickly once you determine what kind of surface you're typically riding on. But that'll come in time so don't worry about it! One thing to do when you get your bike is have a quick look and make sure the spec. matches up closely with what was listed. Suppliers, shops, and distributors all reserve the right to change the specification without notification so just remember that under distance selling regulations (assuming you don't ask the shop to fit any additional parts whereby the item becomes personalized/customised/tailor-made and non-returnable) you have 7 working days to ask for a return/refund. Just incase anyone tries to pull a fast one on you :D

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Good point @frobinson , if you supply the original parts too. You are quite within your rights to do so, tbh, I have never bought a bike online, part yes, but not a whole bike.

Normally, I have found that I want to switch the tyres, probably the stem and grips, maybe the bars and saddle and definitely the pedals before I'm happy with a bike.

Had a look at the Cube you linked @Dusty seems like a good buy for the money but the Suntour fork might let it down, next up the chain has a better fork, and is just in your budget.

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Sale Bikes&product=Analog Grey/White - 2013 Mountain Bike

Reactions: frobinson

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
And you should be OK with a 19" frame and 29" wheels, any smaller and they tend to overwhelm the bike and in extreme cases they can touch your feet as you corner if the pedals are fore and aft! But, on a bigger frame their lower rolling resistance is a benefit. Tempting as it is to shop online, it's worth checking out the local stores too, developing a good relationship will pay off when you want advice, servicing and running repairs.

Interesting point about the online shopping. It's killed two walk in stores locally, the ones who remain comprise of an old boy in a little shop who sells mainly kids stuff and doesn't really care about what you want or what it's for.

And Halfords.