Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bicyclists of the mountaineering type

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I hear this all the time, Boardman and to an extent Carrera bikes are meant to be reasonable value for money but their staff are pure sh*t.

Chain Reaction isn't actually a million miles from me so I might take a race up there if I can resist @Bolter's suggestion!

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I love my Boardman, and my Carrera always served me well.

Buying from Halfords is fine, but you have to learn to fix it yourself.

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
My head is now pickled, there's so much out there and I don't understand a lot of what's good and what's not so I'll take a trip through a few bike shops on a day off. Sora this and shimano that.

Gone are the days when the Raleigh Max was THE only one to have......

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
My head is now pickled, there's so much out there and I don't understand a lot of what's good and what's not so I'll take a trip through a few bike shops on a day off. Sora this and shimano that.

Gone are the days when the Raleigh Max was THE only one to have......
Don't worry, it's perfectly understandable to get confused by bikes. You should hear some of the batty questions we get at work... If you have any specific questions, fire away or you can try using http://sheldonbrown.com/ Be warned, there's some pretty indepth stuff in there but you'll also be able to figure out some more general things with Sheldon Brown. But yeah, definitely take a trip into a local store, they'll be able to help explain a few things I'm sure :)

Reactions: Dusty

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
it was better value when I bought mine than it is now. If you're after a road (re: proper) buike, Planet X.com is good. Fancy one of their time trial bikes. Not that I can afford inner tubes atm...