Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

BIG GAMES

have you ever been to a weekend game and would you suggest going to one?

• Total voters
Feb 20, 2015
ive heard there are big weekend games that can run all the way through the weekend. now, i've never been to any big games. ive only ever been to walk on stuff. so could anyone here tell me if a big paintballing weekend is worth saving up for?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Big games are just as the name describes - a big game, and could earn the description from the number of players. There have been definitions in the past of how many players make a big game, but generally these would be an annual event attracting players accross the country rather than just the walkon crowd.
A big game could just be a bigger walkon.

To be an event such as a scenario it's fair to charge more for entry, not just for two or three days, but for the extra work and extra facilities - camping, toilets etc, game scenario format, modifying the game zone, props and stuff

Most weekend events are not just the game accross the weekend, but a number of activities. Usually the main game on Sunday with multiple small games and activities on Saturday, and perhaps Friday

See the thread 'what paintball costs' linked below for a rough guide to the types of paintball around

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/what-paintball-costs.153010/

See the calendar for all kinds of paintball accross the country
http://www.paintballcalendar.co.uk

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ive been to a few, and run right, they are the best fun ever! If you have ever been to a huge site, which has 8 or so game fields sprawled across it? Well a big game will be played across most of the site as one big field, with mini objectives to achieve all over the site. And with beer and BBQs in the evening :)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
I would like to think they've matured since the last one I was at in 2006 but I always found them piss boring in the extreme ...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I would like to think they've matured since the last one I was at in 2006 but I always found them piss boring in the extreme ...
What was it and what was boring about it?
(Big games have changed a lot during the last 10 years)

A big game that is 'big' just by numbers attending can be just one longballing firefight, and 'big' by area can be an issue with finding things going on in the game and distances to respawn points. It's a matter of how the organisers orchestrate the scenario and game play.
(Any large area game I went to when I began had long walks, over the years organisers have thought of that with numerous solutions - in game air fills, multiple spawn locations, moving spawns, and/or medics, and many more)

For the 'paintball festivals', paintfest and north vs south, there are numerous activities across the weekend leading up to the final days main game.

However - not every paintballer is after the same thing, some want big fire fights, some sneak around, some hunt out objectives or scavenge, some chill and dabble in a little paintball. A good event to me has a bit of everything

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Would of been the Warped one NvS maybe ?

Non stop long balling by two very large teams , walk back far enough from the frontline to wipe hit ,walk back to front ,start long balling again ... Yawn ..

Not for me..

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
NvS can be like that. As with all big games depends on venue and promotor. As you attend you start to discover which are worth your money and time.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Would of been the Warped one NvS maybe ?

Non stop long balling by two very large teams , walk back far enough from the frontline to wipe hit ,walk back to front ,start long balling again ... Yawn ..

Not for me..
Yes, that sounds like nvs

When it was at Heart of England there was still those who were into longballing, but the woods allowed for bypassing them and leaving them to it

At Swynnerton the main road became the world centre of long balling and was nearly impossible to get past - once i managed to break through, but in doing so ended up alone behind enemy lines and not a lot to do. After sneaking about a bit I decided to go out in a blaze of glory when finding a group of northerners, then walking back happy that I took out a handful - only to step around the corner to meet Al Murray the Northern General, a little bit more patience and I'd have been rewarded with a top kill.
My last nvs was when Hostile Intentions provided the Southern General and victory. (I'd have preferred that we did badly as I knew the plan for a losing game)

I haven't played nvs since they extended the area of the site in use which should move the centre of the game from the main road and longballer domination