Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

biker law query

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
One law that is baffling me at the moment (spurred on by bikers bash admittedly)

is this

Quad bikes and Trikes as a general rule of thumb can be ridden on a car license.

Motor bikes ridden on either a CBT/Bike license depending on age/bike size etc etc

but where does a bike and sidecar fit into it?

baffled nr brum

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
bah thanks bon

thread dead now methinks! obviously not as brain baffling/controversial as it felt.

or maybe carry on the thread with

what do people think of the bulldog bash going ahead. let it carry on or let one event tar al with a brush?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
This is sparked off by talk on the programme about banning the Bulldog Bash because it's run by Hells Angels (accused criminal elements / organised crime etc) and because of violent incindents outside of the bash, (gang fights, shooting of a biker on the motorway).

There is organised crime in the Hells Angels - run by criminal big business.

There are more gang fights at weekends and killings outside of football matches. Lets ban football supporters .... but they already did that.

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
The law used to be different for learners with sidecars at one stage, with them being able to use higher cc bikes on L plates, I dont know if that is still the case or if indeed it has anything to do with your intial question

Dr Fingers

They don't tell me nothin
Feb 1, 2009
Dunedin, New Zealand
Trikes and Robins

Trikes were rideable on a bike license (as opposed to a car one as stated below). This was extended to the Robin Reliant hence quite a few bikers ended up driving round in Reliants (always a laugh!!) cause they didn't need another test.
Rich :)

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Trikes were rideable on a bike license (as opposed to a car one as stated below). This was extended to the Robin Reliant hence quite a few bikers ended up driving round in Reliants (always a laugh!!) cause they didn't need another test.
Rich :)
I'm pretty sure thats changed now, could be wrong like,but I'm sure it's car licence that gets you trike part, can't ride/drive one on just a bike licence.

yeah biggest bike you can ride on just a cbt over the age of 17 is 125cc /15bhp give or take,tho there are 125's that produce 33bhp, aprilia RS125's do (my current bike ;))

AL

b.johnson

Mar 9, 2009
I'm pretty sure that a full bike licence will let you ride a trike. Not sure if you can with the intermediate licence that lets you ride a 33bhp bike though. I would guess it would come down to power maybe.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
bike licence

Hey you guys whatever your capable to drive make sure you get yourselves a photo copy of your licence as DVLA is cocking it up for thousands of drivers/riders over lost licences I know this as I`m one of them , there`s been a big push on this subject in the MCN weekly paper for the last 6 months ,
I only wanted to change an address and they`ve had it for 7 months and still looking for it , the main issue for most people that sent them in is that they get the licence back minus their entitlement to drive other groups with hundreds going on to thousands having to take their tests again.
This is a complete farse. they refused a police bike examiner saying he had`nt ever had a licence even after proof of a photo copy was shown,
my bike has been in the garage all summer with the worry of maybe when / If
I get my car licence back will it have the groups of what I should have and be able to drive / ride.
good advice is to have as much proof as you can or you may find that you don`t have one or if you do might find someone elses baggage on it.
this is all true and is happening NOW....BLUEY

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
driving licences

this is also the case when you hand in your licence to the police for them to send sure they give you a yellow slip but it means didly sqat after a short time.
you may think this would be proof of you having one to hand in BUT IT IS NOT.
as far as the DVLA is concerned it may never existed. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
...Bluey