Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bit of gun advice.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
anyone know anything about planter sl74
Planet Eclipse Ego SL74

This is the upgraded version of the Ego 07. A while after each version is launched, Eclipse make a money no object version of it, with lots of luxury bits and bobs, upgrades and improvements (often the things that are to be used the following year. (SL stands, I believe, for Super Light)
If that's the SL74 for £225, thats a damn good marker for very little money.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
All Plant markers are very good, As are Dye Markers - Both of these I personally have never used due to sponsorship.

But, we are an Empire Sponsored Team and have been using the Axe since 2011 just after it was released. We have 15 odd guns on the team and over the last 2 years I have owned 4 of them, nothing wrong with them I just kept changing the colour of them !!

We are now changing to the Vanquish for the 2014 season but to be honest I dont want to stop using my Axe - I have found these bombproof and have never had any issues. One of my team mates loved him Axe but wanted a Mini and bought one, he only uses the Mini when we play 5 man and hes the snake guy as this is a little smaller then the Axe, but in my opinion the Axe was the newer improved version of the Mini and so I personally would buy an Axe - Oh and by the way I have one available !!

If you want any further details on the Axe in general then hit me up and I will advise on this as best I can.

Phil

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Haywards Heath West sussex
Planet Eclipse Ego SL74

This is the upgraded version of the Ego 07. A while after each version is launched, Eclipse make a money no object version of it, with lots of luxury bits and bobs, upgrades and improvements (often the things that are to be used the following year. (SL stands, I believe, for Super Light)
If that's the SL74 for £225, thats a damn good marker for very little money.
It was the one I was looking at. even with the damaged screen? but ill probably miss it as cant message him and he's not replying to others so I presume its gone. but I feel that's sort of thing Im after. top end but older marker.
thanks Dan

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
All Plant markers are very good, As are Dye Markers - Both of these I personally have never used due to sponsorship.

But, we are an Empire Sponsored Team and have been using the Axe since 2011 just after it was released. We have 15 odd guns on the team and over the last 2 years I have owned 4 of them, nothing wrong with them I just kept changing the colour of them !!

We are now changing to the Vanquish for the 2014 season but to be honest I dont want to stop using my Axe - I have found these bombproof and have never had any issues. One of my team mates loved him Axe but wanted a Mini and bought one, he only uses the Mini when we play 5 man and hes the snake guy as this is a little smaller then the Axe, but in my opinion the Axe was the newer improved version of the Mini and so I personally would buy an Axe - Oh and by the way I have one available !!

If you want any further details on the Axe in general then hit me up and I will advise on this as best I can.

Phil
thanks Phil

Well ill widen my search the include the axe. is there any particular ones to look for? it seems to me that no marker excels the rest in a particular field or area, and its down to personal choice. They seem to all be reliable and sturdy.

thanks dan

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Dan, The Axe in general remains unchanged from the first models to now. The early ones do have an optimus board which works fine, but I believe that in the newer ones they have changed to a Shockwave board (only difference is that the newer board saves your settings when you do a battery change whereas the first ones if you took longer than 30 secs to change your battery then you needed to redo your settings) apart from this they are the same gun.

Here is my thread I have of one thats available now;

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/empire-axe-z2-and-barrel-kit.163667/

This gun has worked flawlessly since new. It is my mates gun but I have always teched it for him. It was last used at bricketwood on the 8th december. Its only available as we are changing to the Vanquish next year. I still have a XSV Ltd Edition Axe that comes in custom colours and a redline grip and a standard Axe in custom Anno colours with a Shockwave board - Both of these are standard and are as good as this one thats available. I really do like these guns and dont want to change to the Vanquish but as a team we are changing so have to go with the times. Both of these will be spares in the kit bag and if I have problems with the new gun then know I have got some healthy back up, but if the Vanquish is as good as the Axe has been then I think these may just be gathering dust.

If you play at Bricketwood we will be there for the Masters series and you are more than welcome to come say Hi and have a go with either gun. The other benefit of the Empire Guns is that these are still in production and so spares are not a problem.

I know that Plant have a excellent aftermarket sales service but with some of their older guns you may have a little problem in getting some spares.

Phil

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Hey Buddy. What we have here is simply a problem with image. I have seen this before with my father. I bought him a very cheap ION XE. Chuched a blackheart and violent series trigger on it and it shot great. He saw the blingier guns on the field and told me his "didn't shoot as hard" (he was a complete new guy afterall).

The only issue with the ION is what others tell you. I'll run it down.

Plastic - Means it's light. It's not that hard to change the trigger or expensive to change the trigger.

Reliabilty - Every ion I have seen with issues has been messed around with with too many aftermarket third party parts. A standard well cared for ion is one of the most reliable platforms in paintball.

Internal hoses - These work. They just do and they make it very easy to identify leaks from within the body.

Regulator - Yeah this kind of sucks from a user perspective. Using a spanner to change pressure is a pain but the regulator itself is a solid, consistant bit of kit.

If you can deal with people telling you "it's just an ION" then it will serve you well and keep up with anything on the field.

That said yes an ego is nicer but an etha is not and neither is a rail or a mini. If you want to change go to higher end (I'd recommend an AXE) but for me at the lower end. ION is king.

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Where is Bricketwood? iv only been playing walkon's so far. haven't been to any events yet. all to come in the new year. :)
That is a lush marker. a little out my price range at the moment.
dan

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Hey Buddy. What we have here is simply a problem with image. I have seen this before with my father. I bought him a very cheap ION XE. Chuched a blackheart and violent series trigger on it and it shot great. He saw the blingier guns on the field and told me his "didn't shoot as hard" (he was a complete new guy afterall).

The only issue with the ION is what others tell you. I'll run it down.

Plastic - Means it's light. It's not that hard to change the trigger or expensive to change the trigger.

Reliabilty - Every ion I have seen with issues has been messed around with with too many aftermarket third party parts. A standard well cared for ion is one of the most reliable platforms in paintball.

Internal hoses - These work. They just do and they make it very easy to identify leaks from within the body.

Regulator - Yeah this kind of sucks from a user perspective. Using a spanner to change pressure is a pain but the regulator itself is a solid, consistant bit of kit.

If you can deal with people telling you "it's just an ION" then it will serve you well and keep up with anything on the field.

That said yes an ego is nicer but an etha is not and neither is a rail or a mini. If you want to change go to higher end (I'd recommend an AXE) but for me at the lower end. ION is king.

Hi Jim, Iv come round to the idea its psychological. There is nothing wrong with my Ion fires every time with hardly a ball break. only real issue I have is that my reg is very sporadic and I have to keep a very close eye on it. using a spanner doesn't bother me though. I wont sell her. just wondering if upgrading the ion, or buy a better gun really.
Dan

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
My dad was the same. He lusted after an ego because it went bang when he pulled the trigger rather than the spoolie puff.

The upgrades you have done already are all worth while. Just get yourself a blackheart if you can find one. Unfortunately the GOG black hearts wont fit. If the frame was swapped out for an eXTCy frame then the new blackhearts fit straight in. This is still cheaper than a virtue board and will give you a metal frame. Smartparts were selling dynasty ion boards off cheap until very recently so may be worth ringing them to see if there is still one lying around.

Strip your reg down, clean it and see if this helps your velocity spiking. As i said a WELL MAINTAINED ion is a great little gun.