Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bit of gun advice.

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Haywards Heath West sussex
hi I am looking for some advice. I have a SP ion, witch I bought second hand. I have partially up graded her with bolt out back conversion, clamping neck metal trigger. iv been looking into upgrading board, bolt, reg and asa. I feel some times that a lot other players seem to out range me and lay better fire. (this may be psychological) so looking into investing more into my ion iv been looking at what second hand higher tier but older guns are about in the £200-300 range.
So my question is, would it be better to stay with my ion. or up grade.
Would an older ego or dm be a nice improvement or would a newer eteck 3 or 4, dye nt ect
Sorry for such large ballpark question. There are a number in for sale section.

dan

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
For the price range you are looking at then you could get a nice used Axe or or Etek3 or even a brand new Etha for £270.00,but all of them are bullet proof markers and are a step up from an Ion in all fairness

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
For £300 you have a massive choice of used guns! Anything from the high end of 2010 models and older are around that price I.e. ego10 dm 10 etc new guns to look at are like mike said the etha, invert mini, valken proton the choice is yours find a gun you like the feel of.
As for the ion there is a little phrase that you here each time an upped ion is shown off "it's still just an ion" and that reflects the resale value. It really isnt worth puttin £££££s into an ion to make it as good as a gun cheaper than the upgrades.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If your only issue with the Ion is that you seem to be out ranged then you will want consistency & barrel to paint match.
With consistency you can reliably set the velocity which may be a factor in the perceived longer range that others seem to have.
The main point will be a paint to barrel match so that you don't have a varying gap between a paintball and the barrel. To resolve this get a barrel kit that has other back options. The back options allow you to keep the barrel kit going when you change gun at a later date.

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Hi thanks.
Tom I have a freak kit. and the issue persists, and was planning on picking up a new back to go with new gun. iv seen a lot of people having problems with etha.
So an older high end gun a better marker then some of the newer mid range ones or same?

dan

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
As they no longer have spare parts etc available easily, I would avoid the Ion - especially as they re-sell at well under £100!

Personally, I would look at spending a £2-300 budget on an older high end - Ego 8,9,10 being my personal preference.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi thanks.
Tom I have a freak kit. and the issue persists, and was planning on picking up a new back to go with new gun. iv seen a lot of people having problems with etha.
So an older high end gun a better marker then some of the newer mid range ones or same?

dan
If you can bore match and adjust velocity then any extra range etc from other peoples guns will only be perceived. Once the ball leaves the barrel the laws of physics are the same for any gun.

If you are after a new gun to resolve those issues then it won't, if you want a new gun for other reasons then go for it.

As they no longer have spare parts etc available easily, I would avoid the Ion - especially as they re-sell at well under £100!
Smart Parts still exist, spares and tech support are available
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/hey-buds.157044/#post-1418712

danwilco

Dec 3, 2013
Cheers Tom as I said I might just be psychological. im in no hurry to get new marker just deciding on what way to go. think ill just keep my eye out for a bargain when one shows up,

thanks Dan