Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Black Ops - My Opinion.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Compared to BFBC2 - It's utterly crap.
The first game I played was in 'Nuke Town'. The map looked like an episode of the Simpsons, and was about 50' square. I was dead before I had gone 5 paces. Great intro...

The remote controlled cars are ridiculous, and they destroyed me over-an-over again. It's possible to get one after just 2 kills if you have the perk.

There is always a guy right around the corner to shoot at, and always a guy coming around a different corner, to shoot you in the back.

Game play is nowhere near as smooth, or realistic, as BFBC2, and the weapons - don't even get me started on the weapons - If the real forces in the cold war were expected to use a gun that could only put 3 shots out of 30 on target from 15 feet away when standing still and aiming as much as you can, no wonder they got so excited about WOMD's...

4/10, and I'm being generous. Can't wait for the Vietnam expansion for BC2.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I couldn't even be bothered buying it. It looked like just more of the same. But with remote controlled cars. I mean, c'mon...

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Pretty good in my opinion... But the campaign was way to short! I mean 4 hours, really?

In a way, it's exactly like every other CoD game, but in it's own way it's different... The CoD game I can most relate it to would have to be CoD2, but thats a good thing.

I hated MW2 with a passion, but still played it, I suppose out of sheer bordem, and the fact that I was pretty good at it.

Black-Ops has removed all the crap parts from the online gameplay of MW2, and have pretty much just left you with what was left. Raw running and gunning. No quick scoping, but they have dumbed the sniper down so much you can't hit an elephant at 3 yards with it.

Yeah, some things are still 'overpowered' as you call it, such as me loading half a mag of AK-74U into someones face just for them to look up and plonk 3 bullets from the M16 into my foot and still kill me.

It's all opinion really, I for one hate BF games, and also hate most CoD Games, no names, MW2 and WaW ahem. But I think that Black-Ops for gameplay NOT graphics is inline with Cod2 & 4 :)

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Nuketown is a tiny map - great if you know what you're doing, but not so much for a first game.

I've played it a bit now, and find that the lack of balanced weapons make it a bit samey, on whatever map. They're all fast paced, and when they're not, they're boring - simply because there's nothing decent to fire over long ranges.

The rest of it, fine. Very welcome. Just the fact there's no freedom to play with different classes of weapon because they're dropped the power of everything so much. I also agree that there's NOTHING that's accurate.

But still, it's fun
:)
I'm going to get some play time out of it. Just got to figure out what's fun, as what worked on the MW's doesn't work here

xDansomee

Speedball in the woods!
May 30, 2009
Manea, Cambs.
www.iBotModz.net
Remember it's only been out a few days anyway, any problems havn't even had chance to be patched yet :p

Where Infinity Ward failed at fixing any glitches/hacks what so ever I have no doubt that Treyarch will fix them/are fixing them asap.

Then can change a lot via updates, so you never know. Weapons may get a bit more balanced, the mad spread of bullets may get fixed <- But we all know they have a much better chance of getting sorted than if this was an Infinity Ward game :p

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Naaaah, doubt it. Bullet spread and weapon power is the kind of thing they'd get right pre release. After all, it will have been tested a for a ridiculous amount of time.

They'd only change it if there was a massive call for it from the players.
:)

It is early days yet, and like I said on UKS, it'll take a while before people get used to the maps and the style of play each calls for.

They will sort the spawning out, though. There's some awful spawning in this game.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Oh god. One of the killcams I've kept in theatre was on Nuketown.

Spawned behind a guy, tomahawked him (unlucky for him). It wasn't until I checked the film after that I noticed that I'd literally spawned with two other enemy players directly next to me - right in the enemy teams spawn! It was a miracle I got a kill before they got me.

Nuketown's the worst for it, but it's not so bad if you are aware of it.
;)