Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

blast disc

Glen Webster (AKA Ginge)

Only god can judge me
Aug 1, 2015
Swanley Kent
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get spare parts I think they are the blast discs on my air canister on the regulator as I have the air gauge and the fill nozzle and then two other small nuts one has 1.8k on and the other has 5k as the 1.8k one has just blown where I forgot to empty out the canister pls any help would be grateful thanks in advance

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
they're called burst discs and any paintball shop should stock them, if you're lucky you may be able to just replace the burst disc but they usually go for a reason which means there's something wrong inside the reg, in which case the new burst disc will blow aswell when you fill the bottle. If that happens the reg will need stripping down and servicing.

Jay Wilko

Platinum Member for Life
Aug 19, 2015
Wigan
^^^ what he said
they dont blow when you forget to empty the bottle
Do you need to or should you empty a canister after use? And just get it re filled next time you play or do you fill before going to the arena etc.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Do you need to or should you empty a canister after use? And just get it re filled next time you play or do you fill before going to the arena etc.
It's best to keep some pressure in the bottle, this keeps moisture out of it. Technically they should be transported empty but not many people do.

Glen Webster (AKA Ginge)

Only god can judge me
Aug 1, 2015
Swanley Kent
I wasn't sure what it was called and it's a new bottle I've only had it a couple weeks but I had about 2 bar pressure in it I forgot to release the air I do normally leave a bit in to keep moisture out and thanks for the replies guys much appreciated

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I only ever empty my bottle when I'm flying, you wouldn't empty your car tyres after use.
It's about the transportation of compressed gases
For the majority of players transportation regusltions don't apply as we are private individuals in our own cars
If transporting as a business (or using your company car/van when paintballing then it is a different matter, you then have to comply with H&S legislation and transport regulations, eg making sure the insurance is valid, the correct stickers are displayed and cylinders are secured

Paintball cylinders are usually too small for anyone to really worry about, but the fire brigade would prefer that we had the compressed air symbol displayed. This lets them know what that cylinder is when they discover it halfway through cutting you out on the motorway