Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bleaching a strap?

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
i have used the strongest bleach you can get (well not commercail bleach, but you get what i mean), but as said, its made of polyester wont drop colour, and stuff to putting it in a icecream tub, kitchen sink ftw! :p

-james

blebit

May 25, 2003
London
Visit site
I've bleached fabric's at work before. Caution - don't use very strong bleach as it will weaken the fabric and that's not a good idea on goggle straps. It's better to leave it soaking and see if the colour will come out. As said nylon is likely to just lighten.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Do not bleach a strap. Bleach will attack the stitching and just when you least expect it (usually while your are wearing it during a game) - it will ping apart. Bleach will also make it go a mucky yellow colour - rather than white (most fabric is this colour before it is dyed).

There is this - http://www.dylon.co.uk/colourcentre/fabcolstrip/fabcolst.htm

I've never tried it - but it's got to be safer than bleach (and probably smells a lot nicer).

HTH

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
nah, still in the bleach now, and not even any colour drop, i'll put it into some more bleach, and leave it in a tuper-ware box for a week, see if that does it

-james

jamtheman188

IMPERIAL CLOTHING
Aug 16, 2006
Milton Keynes
oh :(

If there no colour change by now, then it probobly wont work. Its a shame cos that would have looked pretty snazy with a white lense frame.