Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Blind Fire

TomMcTaf

Dec 16, 2008
London
WEll that was the whole point of my question, its not that well advertised ! I can see its dangerous, but its not banned at all sites, or at least commucated.

Maleficus

RPGA Herald
Mar 8, 2009
Endiburg (from april 5th )
conserning blind shooting

i dont know for you but i have seen a guy's eye pooled out of his skull by a paintball round!!!
the guy that made the shot to him was blind shooting on a rec game
so when the guy that was shot;he made a move near a tree. his mask was "grabbed" by that trees branches as a result to pull it off
the other one was blindly shooting like a maniac and when we told him that it was his fault he told us this:
"it is not my fault since i couldnt see on what or who i was firing at!!!"

blind shooting is 1)idiotic 2)irresponsible 3) anti-fair playing in any kind of paintball format(milsim rec sub-air)
none shall blind shooting because your opponents mask might fall of its head for any reason (must avoid that at all costs even if a swarm of bees happen to get inside)

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Gears of war is based on the idea of paintball :)
It is. And Gears is awesome. :D

But blindfiring works on Gears because the guns have no recoil and because you can still see what you are shooting at, despite having your head down.

Actually using it for play, silly, potentially dangerous, shouldn't be done unless you've got some random paintball version of one of those israeli cornershot thingummybobs.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I personally find it usefull to do sometimes, just to get someone elses head down ?
Carry on doing it by all means:cool:

Just don't get offended when the marshall that you just shot from 6 feet away comes up and punches you in the neck!:mad:

This really is the major number 2 newbie offence, and anyone doing it needs to be beaten with a tree trunk or a blunt tippy!

Snapping like stokey says, is a whole different issue, and it's a technique that is employed with control and restraint, as opposed to muppet mowing which isn't.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Hey All,

Is blind firing band on most walk-ons, or is it just frowned upon? I personally find it usefull to do sometimes, just to get someone elses head down ?

:rolleyes:
When?
When/if you start playing proper walk-ons or tournies you'll soon stop doing it...;),there will be plenty of people ready to show you the error of your ways,one way or another...:D

JDO

Jon & Chris rock my socks
May 13, 2008
London
Hey All,

Is blind firing band on most walk-ons, or is it just frowned upon? I personally find it usefull to do sometimes, just to get someone elses head down ?

:rolleyes:

It's an essential tactic for any tournament player. I'd recommend getting ahold of a copy of 'Winning Skills with Nicky T' and fast forwarding to the 'blind firing' section of the dvd... Oh wait.