Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

boarding school and paintball

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
If you're going to boarding school, you'll be so busy avoiding being bu**ered by the older boys and housemasters, you won't have time to even think about paintball.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
my bed had doors so you couldnt see what was under it, doesn't matter if they see your bag just aslong as if they ask you say you don't have a gun
Bit of a giveaway if you open with 'I dont have a gun'

so you didn't tell them you had a paintball gun under bed? Didnt anyone get curious about the large bag.
But i think the transportation is the biggest issue for me because i would be an overseas boarder so my parents aren't even in the country!
You are likely to have many more issues carrying paintball gear (the gun & the air cylinder) accross borders.

A couple of key questions will be how old are you and what countries are concerned?

chrispaintball0

Feb 27, 2012
Marbella. Málaga, SPAIN
Bit of a giveaway if you open with 'I dont have a gun'

You are likely to have many more issues carrying paintball gear (the gun & the air cylinder) accross borders.

A couple of key questions will be how old are you and what countries are concerned?
I will be 16 when i go + i have taken my gear to England before inc gun but without my gas tank. Coming from spain.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I will be 16 when i go + i have taken my gear to England before inc gun but without my gas tank. Coming from spain.
At 16 you should not be owning / possessing a paintball gun in your own rights, but everyone does so that ought not be an issue unless you get into a situation that leads to it becoming an issue.

Not transporting a cylinder will be easier, and if you can accept 3000psi then buying a UK cylinder will make things simpler

(Just for info - what is the Spanish requirement for cylinder standards? e.g. DOT is USA spec, Pi is UK spec. Do Spain recognise Pi spec?)

You could go with covering up your paintball activity, but this risks ultimately getting caught.

Unless you can make other arrangements to have someone store it for you and be your transport etc then its going to be difficult without getting the school on board.

Until you know where you are going you can't get much further on how acceptable it will be.
Talfryns method of getting parent support for you being part of a team and participating in tournaments etc should help with the matter, assuming this is your chosen flavour of paintball.

Ultimately the school can have rules but they ought not be able to prevent you taking part in activities of your choice. So you ought to be able to play other paintball such as scenario if you wanted.
With your parents being in Spain that would most likely be the issue that the school would have with letting a 16 year old go off on his own to play in the woods

Last edited:

chrispaintball0

Feb 27, 2012
Marbella. Málaga, SPAIN
Here in spain they use Pi as well. I would defiantly get into a team and start playing tournaments (hopefully quickly) but i don't think i would start doing scenario or woods ball etc. I think as long as i get permission from my parents i should be able to play but the main complication is just the transportation but once i find out where i am going i may be able to work something out with someone, public transportation or even a taxi, depending on how close the site is

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Here in spain they use Pi as well. I would defiantly get into a team and start playing tournaments (hopefully quickly) but i don't think i would start doing scenario or woods ball etc. I think as long as i get permission from my parents i should be able to play but the main complication is just the transportation but once i find out where i am going i may be able to work something out with someone, public transportation or even a taxi, depending on how close the site is
Cheers for that on confirming Pi.

As you've already travelled in the past you probably know the issues with transporting cylinders.
A Spanish cylinder will be usable here, but it may be easiest to buy one here then going through regulator removal etc.

On public transport there can be issues carrying 'air weapons', but keeping it disassembled and bagged, preferably in a not so obvioulsy paintball bag will resolve that.
Taxis wont be a problem.

Best solution to your problems may be getting a school team / paintball club. But then you are getting deep into the politics of approving school clubs & activities.

chrispaintball0

Feb 27, 2012
Marbella. Málaga, SPAIN
I was going to just buy a tank off here. Making a school team would be a pain in the ass, getting approves would probably take ages and having to teach all the players, having to play in low level tournaments.
thanks for all your help