Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bob long g6r vs planet eclipse lv1

dangerousbob

Aug 18, 2013
Ok ladies and gentleman, I would like honest opinion as to preference and why you would have that maker over the other. I've been looking on the classifieds for a good while and have come across both at similar prices. (So what are the main differences??) I've played with the lv1 and loved it, (loved the ball on ball consistency and smoothness) however I haven't played with a g6r but love the look/style of it. What r your thoughts people???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I own both... both are impressive and you wouldn't be disappointed with either

I think your choice depends on your preference, out of the box the LV1 is very good and consistent. Backed by the best after-sales support in the business!

The G6R is a solid platform and has a reputation for tinkering to get it uber-efficient. That isn't really a problem but owners tend to be passionate about the efficiency. However support in the UK is limited and you often end up requiring to import parts from the US

dangerousbob

Aug 18, 2013
Cheers for ur feedback. Logic would suggest the lv1 for all the plus points u mention. But, 3 of my mates have lv1's and I'd quite like to be a lil different. Have u got any experience with importing from the USA?

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Cheers for ur feedback. Logic would suggest the lv1 for all the plus points u mention. But, 3 of my mates have lv1's and I'd quite like to be a lil different. Have u got any experience with importing from the USA?
Yes, both new and second hand kit. Pay the money and it can be with you in 48hrs, but how much do you value that?

Depending on your use and experience you can resolve most issues, but should you need to ship it under warranty it becomes more time consuming. Suddenly being able to visit CPPS or Mills to get it tech'd looks more appealing

Plus remember you are likely to be hit by Custom charges and VAT for your important. I tend to use FedEx for a lot of shipping for anything aside from markers, given their global shipping policies re: markers

So I would say yes, if you gave multiple markers bad could tolerate the disruption... If not stick with PE and look out for a unique / custom variant to be different!

Reactions: Care_Bears

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I have both, the Lv1 is a smoother shooter and is comfortable in the hands,
as with both guns .. DO NOT DRY FIRE !!
the Lv1 you can use low or high pressure bottle regs on them ,
the 2 x dials inside the grip you must be careful Not to break ( they do very easy ) but thanks to Planet Eclipse having a Good Tech at CPPS was able to correct it for me

as with ALL Bob Longs you should only use LOW pressure regs !! because if you don`t you`ll blow the "O" ring at the OOPS if not more,

I prefere the G6R as it also is very nice in the hands, gives what I want in the feel and response to shooting.
I find the Lv1 when fired Dips with the shots and is good when shooting over the top of say a Snake ?
with the Bob Long guns G6R or a Victory , I find the trajectory of the shot straight and true,
I think the more reliable out of the x 2 .. is the Bob Long !!
if you get any Bob Long Guns , make sure you get a Pressure Tester with it for your low and high Regs ( sweetspot the gun )
of course different people may have their own opinions.
other than the above I agree with @alexd and Kevin

Reactions: bruce

dangerousbob

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks for ur advise and opinions there guys. That's a lot of info I didn't know. I'll try find some1 with a g6r and see if I can have a game with 1 before I part with hard cash ;) altho I'm still swayed towards the bob long even tho PE is the "local" company due to it being what I think a more sort after gun and it does look slick. @alexd cheers for the importing advise mate :)

Reactions: Care_Bears

dangerousbob

Aug 18, 2013
Thanks for the offer @alexd but I live in bournemouth, however my sister lives up that way so might be a good excuse so pop up there. :) wouldn't be for a month or so tho.