Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Body Armor

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
just wondering(again) if any of you guys wear any armour.if so what and where? i'm tubby so my gut is ok but arm shots do smart a bit! i only get hit bad on a punter site when they play independance day and every one goes mad to use up any remaining ammo.so it aint really important.and hasn't been put on my shopping list.....yet! but when i get to play the bigger boys with bigger guns who knows?but you know me i'm just curious!
tb-303

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
when marshalling i wear light-weight street hockey shoulder and chest armour and a hockey neck protector together with elbow pads but then only cos i am standing around keeping an eye on things ...not pumped with adrenaline so when i get hit ..it hurts !! but for playing just the elbow pads neck protector and a t-shirt under the playing top
DYE do an elbow and forearm protector now...will give you the website but it isn't running yet (been like that for a while although Dave did tell me it would be up and running before christmas) so just in case http://www.dyeprecision.com

hope this helps

dannyp16uk

Nov 2, 2001
peterborough, england
Visit site
armour

i dont wear armour a jumper is more than enogh to keep me from beinghit bad,the onl point where i can be hit hard is in my neck,and i meaning to get a neck protector,i just havent got round to it yet.
but just imagin this ,playing paintball in the cold with just shorts on

HAHAHAHAH

now thats what i call pain

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
i already wear a neck protector and a shnod type thing anyway more for warmth this time of year!but forearm/elbow pads are tempting.
tb-303

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Why not...

...as long as you have a got camo jacket or something on that u can tuck it into after wrapping it around you.. as for me, i have this fleece type neck warmer, its real comfy, and takes the sting outta the balls, cosst me 3.99 from a local army store :)

Cheers

Neil

Haffa

A-mature member
Take the pain!

Pain lets you know that you did something wrong, take it and learn from it. Move faster, shoot straight, and keep tight.

I protect my hands because I need them for work, knees because I drop very hard into barricades and Head because its kinda important. Anything else is better left to move freely, and the thinner the clothes the more heat you will disipate.

tb-303

Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
now what did i say before?
i only really got hit on the final game where we just used up spare ammo.so rather than a tactical game it was a shoot anything that moves type thing.so point taken about learning from your mistakes.but in that type of game i don't care about hiding(no one else was) i'd rather have fun and get my own back on those who cheated in the proper games.So any "wasn't tight enough" comments are ignored as it wasn't the senario to do so.

Haffa

A-mature member
Oh yeah

Not a point for you tb, just advise in general. I keep meeting people who dont want to get hurt, er, its paintball, it hurts. But as you say, sometimes you are just mucking around and the welts are an annoyance.

Im after something to wear when marshalling, caus when its cold and you are trapsing around with a load of punters the hits really do smart :eek:

What about a wet suit jacket/top? neoprine is very effective, but you may get hassled in tourneys etc. 2nd hand it should not be too costly.

Im going to invest in a JT shield but I dont suppose you would get away with that :D