Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bone Pack Query

Big Mac

My Custom User Title
Oct 19, 2006
York
I fail to see how it can be that piece/connector, when the charger does exactly the same thing (R-G-R-G-OFF) even when I have no battery connected, or when i've disconnected the end connector?
i think i do, it needs to connect to the battery for the light to go red. so if that bit is faulty then its not going to be connected. the charger itself works as you get the light flashing.

not having that piece on or not having the battery connected means there is nothing to complete the circuit - so if its broken the circuit is also not complete with it on and connected to the battery as its faulty therefore not red light or charge.

just a theory - either way email details to fish so he can sort it, in the meantime sean get your dad to try something seeing as he was an electrician he may be able to draft a new one up so that it will work.

p.s. msn

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
the charger is a smart charger. So it realises when there is a pack connected. But with it being faulty, it isn't finding the pack so it just turning off.

sean mate, your smarter than this mate, hard day at work?

-james

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Im goner try this in a bit, have plenty of 9v battery terminal connectors here.

If it is just that connector giving problems, then its an easy soldiering fix then.

seany boy

(. Y .)
May 25, 2005
York / Manchester
Visit site
i think i do, it needs to connect to the battery for the light to go red. so if that bit is faulty then its not going to be connected. the charger itself works as you get the light flashing.

not having that piece on or not having the battery connected means there is nothing to complete the circuit - so if its broken the circuit is also not complete with it on and connected to the battery as its faulty therefore not red light or charge.

just a theory - either way email details to fish so he can sort it, in the meantime sean get your dad to try something seeing as he was an electrician he may be able to draft a new one up so that it will work.

p.s. msn
It's not as simple as needing to complete a circuit. It's a charger so there should be voltage coming out ready to chrage whatever you put on the end. I've just used a meter to test whether there is actually any voltage coming out of the charger at the female connector and there is none!

the charger is a smart charger. So it realises when there is a pack connected. But with it being faulty, it isn't finding the pack so it just turning off.

sean mate, your smarter than this mate, hard day at work?

-james
James, when it says it's a smart charger, it means it can detect what input there is as it's a universal charger for different plugs 90-260. The charger shouldn't have to detect whether there is something connected to charge, because the voltage should be immediately there ready to charge said item (as mentoined in reply to mac).

I'm sticking by my actual charger being faulty and look forward to hear a reply from dueydog or fish with a final answer.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
you can either cut wires , connect them other way round nearest the pp3 connectors.

or

using a very small screw driver or something sharp, take the back plate off the pp3 connector, de-solder the connections, solder them on other way round.

Shining Glory

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2006
right peeps have just fixed mine so it is now on charge and is charging.

Steps to follow that anyone can do without soldering.

Disconect the connector from the smart charger and take off battery.
so all you have is a pp3 connector with wire and on the end is the white connector.

now push the red wire through the connector ( http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o167/shiningglory/connector.jpg ) bend the tabs on the pin so it is more or less flush ( just enough so the tabs can be pulled back out ) and then pull back the wire and pin back through the connector, so now you have the red wire out of the connector.

if the wires do not push out then get a little screwdriver or scissors(but be carefull) and push from the wire end on the back of the pins, so that the pins and wire go through the connector. only a little force is needed to do this.

Do the above for the black wire note'ing which side of the connector it come out of.

Now put the red wire through the side that the black wire was in and the put the black wire where the red wire was.

So now when you connect the connector to the smart charger, black on the connector will be on the red wire of the smart charger.

Attach battery to the connector and then connect it to the smart charger , then plug into the mains via travel adaptor.

Sequence for charging is :-

Red flash, green flash ,red flash ,green flash and then no lights.
After about 5 - 20 secs the light will come on red and start to charge.