Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Books

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I've recently re-read all of the Oregon Files & Dirk Pitt books by Clive Cussler. Damn good books - don't think they're on Kindle yet though

PoloRolo

"We Kill Suckers" - Russian Legion
Dec 4, 2015
West Yorkshire
I'm not a huge reader, but I like to open a book every once in a while, both for studies or just for fun. Currently I'm reading classic children's book... :D Astrid Lindgren "The Brothers Lionheart"

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Neal Asher's Polity novels are very good sci-fi novels with an unusual take. Charles Stross's Laundry novels are also excellent (darkly comic/horror). Mark Lawrence's Thorns novels (Prince / King / Emporer of Thorns) are likewise outstanding fantasy novels with a different spin which make them stand out from the crowd. Bernerd Cornwell's King Arthur Trilogy are a good read.

If you are looking for some quality fantasy. the Malazan books of the Fallen are excellent.

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
I've recently re-read all of the Oregon Files & Dirk Pitt books by Clive Cussler. Damn good books - don't think they're on Kindle yet though
Custler is always worth a read as is David Baldacci.
Douglas Coupland is worth a read too. Very blunt in his writing.
And I must confess I do like the Biggles books, theres just something inoccent and exciting about them.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I do love the Cussler books - utter nonsense, but fun!
I'm currently ploughing my way through the autumn fishing books that have been release, and have recently re-read a couple of Terry Pratchett's. Also, much as I dismissed them at first, the Hunger Games Trilogy turned out to be excellent - much darker and bleaker than they seemed they might be at first...

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
City of Thieves by David Benioff (i think) turned out to be a hidden gem. a mate passed it to me a while back to get me through a busride home and i've went back and read it a couple of times since.

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Only read a few books in the last year, been more into comics recently. here a few cool reads though.

All you need is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka - The original light novel which spawned the Tom Cruise film Edge of Tomorrow. A great read, plus the film deviates greatly from the book, which I think has the better and more logical ending.

Yukikaze and Good luck Yukikaze by Chōhei Kambayashi - Heavy reading this one. Follows a pilot who's sole job is to collect battle data of the Fairy Air force vs the JAM (yeah them names). Goes into the affects of battle, and questions humanity, AI self-awareness and the concept of fighting an Alien threat who humanity may not even be able to percieve in our reality.

Metro 2033 and 2034 - both great books, considering nothing much really happens in them. It more just rumours and talking around campfires but they are very atmospheric. I read them while playing through the games too so this increased the immersion a little.

Comic - One Punch Man - A super hero (as a hobby) gains the ultimate fighting power but becomes bored as he can't find any worthy opponents as he defeats them all with one punch. Truely epic story, the scale in the panels is huge, all the monsters seem to remind of stuff I've seen before. Basically its a sort of parody of Superman/DragonBall Z/Avengers etc etc, all the super hero stuff. Has a lot of humour and the build up to the one punch in every fight keeps you turning pages.