Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle Blows Up

O

ollytheosteo

I'm confused. You want people who are biased in favour of paintball to run tests? I'd rather stakos be deemed unsafe and banned than having people who want light bottles to run the tests.
That's not what I said. In the absence of any investigation from outside bodies the investigation will be done by people who have an interest in paintball continuing as an activity. If we have more official scrutiny from outside the sport the consequences could be much more serious, and we can reduce the chances of that with better air practices all round, kit that's up to the job and edumacation of players in just how dangerous HPA can be, as a lot of people currently treat filling a 4500psi bottle like filling a glass of water from the tap.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
That's not what I said. In the absence of any investigation from outside bodies the investigation will be done by people who have an interest in paintball continuing as an activity. If we have more official scrutiny from outside the sport the consequences could be much more serious, and we can reduce the chances of that with better air practices all round, kit that's up to the job and edumacation of players in just how dangerous HPA can be, as a lot of people currently treat filling a 4500psi bottle like filling a glass of water from the tap.
Like I said mate, I was confused. I just misinterpreted what you had posted. :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
What a nightmare, ban them?, test them?, what do you do?.

On the side of safety, it would be sensible to have a temporary ban on these reg/bottle combinations until the testing is complete.

If for no other reason just for peace of mind.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
slightly off topic, but i use a CP reg which has a filter in there to slow the fill down whether you like it or not.

little more expensive than other regs i guess, but with a lifetime warranty and improved safety how could you argue?

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
slightly off topic, but i use a CP reg which has a filter in there to slow the fill down whether you like it or not.

little more expensive than other regs i guess, but with a lifetime warranty and improved safety how could you argue?
I am sure that I read that Nige used a Airborn fill nipple and I am also sure they have a filter built in.
It is not filters in the nipple that reduce the fill rate (to a safe level) but in-line restrictors/regulators, flash filling is poor judgement at best and dam dangerous all of the time.

Russ

Zorg

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2007
Staffordshire, England
www.void-online.net
Just because Nige is "ok" doesn't change the fact that this sh*t is for real and if nothing is done someone will be picking someones arm up off the floor and putting it in a bin bag for the paramedics..... or worse.
Doesn't change the fact your uneducated opinion on the cause of the failure is irrelevant guess work. Stop trying to use fear to condemn stako without evidence.

jus

Bulldogs
Mar 18, 2006
stafford
is everyone aware that there is oxygen compatible grease and viton o rings available ??? if used with hpa they will not cause an explosion.... trev ???
christo-lube is one brand of grease, and viton i think is the brand of o ring. this could be a standard that would go to minimizing the problems.