Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle Blows Up

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
hope its nothing too serious, nige best wishes and have a quick and more importantly a full recovery

but **** somthing needs to be sorted, i know that nige is very sensible and responable about HPA, so i highly doubt he has done something stupid to cause this, so i cant help but instantly turn to stako .
this is a risk we take every time we go to the fill station. we need to be able to have confidence in our kit.

Stako should do a full investigation into every one of these incidents

too many times has this **** happened

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
yep the explosion was substantial, just about everyone ducked or looked for cover.

Hats off to Kitch for running to the compressor to turn it off.

Broken Arrow

LONDON IMPACT
Jan 4, 2004
KENT
well i say ban them nige could of lost his hand or his LIFE . or someone next to him on the fill rig:mad::mad:

get well soon nige hope to see you soon buddy;):)

Broni

Jun 4, 2007
Just had my teammate (2hott4u) ring me, Nige is down in A&E, as far as I know he's got a few burns, some wrecked kit and he's a bit shook up but I got the impression he is in good shape considering.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
only in the door and this is very sad news. agree with him or not Nige is an absolute gentleman, and I would like to wish him a speedy recovery from myself, Michelle and little Sophie.

Also a large amount of money from Stako for compensation.

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
just heard its a 2hott4u player just hope he is ok ;)
Its nige :(!

edit ~ Beaten to it, but even so :(!!!!

But the bottle was fine, a slight burn on it, it was the fill nipple, someone had put oil on a previous bottle, once nige put his in the thing, filled up to around 5k, somehow, and then it blew, the fill nipple came CLEAN off, Plus the threads of the reg where in the gun, No idea where the body of the reg went! The bottle cover was burnt, the gun was burnt, and you could smell oil on the bottle, it wasnt his fault, it would've been the people before.
Scary thing is, I nearly went up with him! >.<!

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
Firstly hope you get well soon Nige.

Sounds like if the bottle has hit the ground and came off the reg then an explosion has happened in the bottle. That has then caused the threads on the regulator to melt causing the bottle to fly off with flames pouring out of it.

Now just before we all start jumping on the "we hate stako" band wagon we first have to find out what type of regulator it was. Also worth while noting that this has happened in the past with non stako bottles.

Ryan(pb alexandria)

Clan Killer
Sep 5, 2004
Loch Lomond
Visit site
Its nige :(!

edit ~ Beaten to it, but even so :(!!!!

But the bottle was fine, a slight burn on it, it was the fill nipple, someone had put oil on a previous bottle, once nige put his in the thing, filled up to around 5k, somehow, and then it blew, the fill nipple came CLEAN off, the threads of the reg, where in the gun, the bottle cover was burnt, the gun was burnt, and you could smell oil on the bottle, it wasnt his fault, it would've been the people before.
Scary thing is, I nearly went up with him! >.<!
Not stako's fault then. The bottle took the explosion force.

EDIT: I dont use a stako, I just think people are being far to quick to jump on the BAN STAKO's bandwagon.