Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle Blows Up

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
People who are in the know about this sort of stuff have suggested that the inner plastic liner of the bottle could have something to do with this, Stakko are the only guys that use this and I personally have only known problems with these tanks but this may not be the case of course.
This is a most plausible explanation, the plastic liners of the bottles are made of an oil based material. I was there, but not at the fill station at the time and decided not to rush over in a morkish manner to gawk at the incident. I did see the bottle, and it looked like the reg had been blown clear out of the tank and the divot in the ground was about 4-5 inches deep. This and the compressor will be inspected from what I understand and any speculation to the actual cause before that won't help in the matter.

Though I will say once was unfortunate, two was questionable, three is seriously worrying. I am sure there was nothing unusual about Nige's set up and that the bottle would have been as supplied with the original reg on .

I hope Nige makes a speedy recovery and there are is no long term effect. The emergency services were all on the scene promptly and I'm sure he is receiving the best care possible. All the best to you mate and speak soon, oh and I gave the disc I ran off to Greg to pack in your car if you're wondering, though I would understand if you don't want to go through your kit for a little while.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
dont forget how my dad helped, he doused his flame, as he was honestly on fire according to my dad his clothes were melting on him, and thats why he ripped his jersey and gloves off, Nige is a brilliant bloke and the paintball community wouldnt be the same without him, the bottle did mangle the gun, similar to the figure of 8. when my dad got there he covered Nige with himself and risked his own life of being a human fire ball, everyone did a brilliant job in reaction time, Niges hopper was broken as well, even though the compressor is a flash fill, it couldnt have been the compressor, stako have a history of dodgey bottles, my dad says "at the age of 13, you allow them to have a bottle of 4500psi, anything over 3000psi should be outlawed for this age unless they have supervision, we tend to take things for granted that everyone knows what they are doing, but do they? As every rig at every venue is different, this place however, my dad says is the best venue in the country, thank you to the guy who helped me dress his wounds and thank you to kitch for a fast response........good luck mate and make a speedy recovery"

Wookie Care Bears Alpha

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Ok boys went and saw Nige up at the Winchester Hospital, a good few of the players were with him and they can give you more info when they get back west and to there pc:s.

He is going to be fine, they have pumped him with morphine and he was smiling like a cheeshire cat when I left, his shirt is stuff of legends and no doubt he will talk about this for ages.

He has burns to his left hand which are bagged up, bloodshot eyes to die for, and a couple of laserations on his face.He is obviously in a bit of shock and very worried about his marker which may be R.I.P.

As to what happened cant say, I as with all you guys am just glad he seems ok.

uk gaz

PLATINUM MEMBER, IN THE REAR WITH THE GEAR
Mar 15, 2007
Southampton
Kim he is not picking up on his mobile, he has the crew around him including Kitch, Mario, give those guys a buz. Nige wont be thinking straight.
Gonna be fine kid:):)

jollyroger

Jul 21, 2006
Gathered that but i dont have anyones number. If you manage to get hold of any of them please could you ask them to give me a quick bell. Appreciate it. Thanks x

Flint

Sep 18, 2006
Oxford
On behalf of all HPG, get well soon Nige :(

We are all extremely lucky it was not a lot worse, think about it, it could have been SO much worse. On a personal note, I hope this is the final wakeup call needed on stakos....

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!! BAN THE STAKO!!

there was a huuuuge bang, you couldve heard it from eastleigh :O

Wookie Care Bears Alpha

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
Like everyone else has said, three tanks from the same manufacturer is extremely worrying and I hope that, if a fault in the bottle is found, that Stako launch an enquiry and fully compensate Nige.
Hope you get well soon Nige!

James