Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle losing it's air

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
I've notice my 1.5 Fuel ultra light air bottle losing its fill the last six months. It was due it's first test at the end of April 2017.
So today after filling it I put some water over the reg and bottle and had a fizzing of water in the picture as marked. Just wondering if anyone has a fuel bottle that's having the same problem. If so please check.
,IMG_0286.jpg
I have now removed the reg and bottle grip and have had my local site destroy the bottle for me.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`m sure it was only the "o" ring seating to the reg, that was a bit extreem of you doing that ?? Can`t mend that now ??

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
I`m sure it was only the "o" ring seating to the reg, that was a bit extreem of you doing that ?? Can`t mend that now ??
Its picured the solid resin neck of the bottle with a hairline fracture. not sure an o ring would help

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Hmm ?? I`ve never had that problem, so I stand corrected !! and he`s not new either not to know !!

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Nope the reg seats higher up. It's not in a place where an oring should be or could go. It's where the bottle meets the neck of the threaded bit to meet the reg.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
All I'm saying is if you have a bottle that loses air make sure you check here. I thought it was the fill nipple oring. Checked the reg seat oring. Just felt that I needed to investigate more and very glad I did. New bottle is cheaper than losing an arm. Because no burst disc could stop this failure.

Reactions: Care_Bears