The Home Of European Paintball

Bottle Under Arm/On Shoulder

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by ericostani
what ive been told to do, and found more comfortable and more practical to snapshoot, is not to have a drop forward, or an angled bottomline (i have a screw in). it stops you having to wrap your arm round your bottle therefore reducing your profile.
i think with the bottle on your shoulder, you havent really got control of your gun properly, and you have a large profile etc.
if you look through magazines and pics, nearly all the pros have their guns set up this way, with the bottle coming straight out behind from under the grip.
do what feels more comfortable, but ive been told by people more experienced to have the gun bottle into your shoulder, and your arm coming up after the bottle, so you dont have to wrap round it.:)
me thinks someone went to the Nexus training!! and good on you aswell! i know personally that i learned loads that weekend and i would happily go again anytime!!

oh yer just to stay on subject,bottle into shoulder for the exact same reasons ericostani put.

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
It all depends !!!

The best way is definately pulling your bottle into your shoulder by the front reg - not the grip - this gives you a far more stable shooting platform - also allows you to shoot a hell of alot quicker and more accurately - because your trigger hand ain't gripping the gun for dear life !!!!

BUT

On breakout you need the gun up and shooting as quickly as possible, while you run to your primary - so try locking the bottle under your arm slightly - so you're looking over the top of the hopper while you run in a crouched position - lets you fill the shooting lane with paint - while moving into position and presenting a really low profile.

Watch a Nexus or K2 breakout and you will see exactly what i mean !!!

Peace;)

Rich