Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

bought an item and the member is now banned!?

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
If i have dealt with the seller before or he/she has a good rep i tend not to pay the fee's

if they have hardly any feedback or no one knows them the fee's are a must.

The one thing about this place the mods will sort it out but would treat this as a warning

Im sure it will turn up

I have never had any problems in the past and have used paypal a lot so I had nothing to "learn" from. Like I say I'm more interested to know why he was banned, doesn't appear to have been any conflict?Edit - I had a quick response from the guy via email that checks out so I have been reassured for the time being.

Last edited:

automag

Jan 14, 2008
As Gee-Tee and Mclovin say it worth paying the fee's.

In the sales post it says about having the transaction completed through a 3rd party like fatbobs. It might be worth a phone call tomorrow to Fatbobs to see if he knows him and has any contact details.

Fingers crossed for you

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
I have dug up all the info to clarify what has happened here.

The account/seller in question as mentioned in the first post, had registered before as "Hunter87"
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/members/hunter87.28423/

Hunter87 was under a different name (cannot remember what ? and dont know why previous username does not show up in his profile page ?) before he requested admin to change his name.
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/name-change.149237/

Before Hunter87 had his username changed, he created a few threads in the classifieds selling items.
All these items were sold under the previous username account without any pics, just a couple examples here
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/etek3-stock-2-piece-barrel-i4-inch.149228/
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/etek3-stock-grips-for-sale.149249/
Then posting pics with a totally different username.

As you can see, i questioned the seller and asked for an explanation.
Username at the point of creating for sale threads was different.
When asked for pics, posted pics of a totally different username.
Asked Admin to change his username to Hunter87.

Anyone who saw the connection of all this would have sense to question what and why, it was my job to make sure everything was good.

This is the PM i received headed "I must be a criminal"

That is not your username in the pic !

Im not liking this at all.
1. You post up an item in the classifieds without any pics whatsoever.
2. You have asked the Mods to change your username to "Hunter87"
3. You now post in the classifieds with a proof pic showing "Tom8673"

I am locking this thread. Please PM me and explain !

3. It was my mistake I put the wrong user name on because that's my user name on a different forum
Nothing criminal just a mistake
2. I asked them to change my user name because when I signed up my user name was my real name and it needed changing
1.as I explained in the thread I was at work and asked the mod if it was ok to post it at 20:00hrs when I got home and was told yes that's fine! "Since I'm in a good mood"

DO ME A FAVOUR REMOVE ME FROM THIS ****
After consulting with the other mods, Hunter87 was thrown in cyber space.

When the user re-registered under Hunter8673, the radar/sirens at Mods HQ hit DEFCON 1.
With all hands on deck, the mods realised this user was previously banned, so was banned again.

Reactions: automag

automag

Jan 14, 2008
Thats why we have a great mod team, always on the ball, even when you create another account you will be found out.

Its beggers belief why people say DO ME A FAVOUR REMOVE ME FROM THIS ******* or slag the forum/mods off and try to create another account or sell stuff under someones elses account.

I hope you get it sorted Highlander

Reactions: Bolter

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Just so everyone knows, i did not at any point state or brand the seller as a criminal, i only questioned the seller at the time and asked the account holder to give me a simple explanation.

Fact remains, the rules were broken, even thou in this case it could and probably was a mistake.
Regardless of the matter being purely a mistake or not, i had to intervene to safeguard other members.
Reason for banning was not due to his mistake, as i was trying to clarify certain points.
But when i am trying to help and get
DO ME A FAVOUR REMOVE ME FROM THIS *****
:rolleyes:

Members should understand and be aware, we the mods do this for free and looking out for you guys.

The following is not reffering to the member that has been banned, just an example of what could happen.

* I could easily look up another forum, copy a pic of a marker with a username from there classifieds.
Then create an account on here and post up in the classifieds with that same pic.
Easily create a paypal account.
Take someones hard earned.

That guy now post up on the forums crying about it.

Does it take more to make members understand why rules are in place, and why we the mods have to enforce them :(

Reactions: automag
Thank you for all the input guys, much appreciated. Just a few alarm bells being rung prematurely, should be sorted now.

After been given a recognized tracking number as opposed to the unrecognized one I managed to find this :-

31/08/2012 17:25:00 Arrived At Depot Inverness Service Centre (Yodel)
30/08/2012 23:06:34 Departed Depot Hatfield Terminal
30/08/2012 23:03:23 Arrived At Depot Hatfield Terminal
30/08/2012 16:59:00 Departed Depot Vauxhall Service Centre
30/08/2012 12:06:00 Parcel Picked Up Vauxhall Service Centre

Last edited: