Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Bought an SP-1

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
For the time being out of curiosity, Smart Parts Europe have the "SP-1 Blackheart Vision Upgrade Kit w/QEV" at 99.95 GBP.

• Can you please confirm if my assumptions are correct and this includes the Blackheart Board, the eyes and the QEV?
  • Is this the simplest way to upgrade to all those options and fatures?
  • Are there any known issues/weaknesses with any of the elements in the kit that do not exist with some other brands?

ALIHISGREAT

Jan 7, 2009
For the time being out of curiosity, Smart Parts Europe have the "SP-1 Blackheart Vision Upgrade Kit w/QEV" at 99.95 GBP.

• Can you please confirm if my assumptions are correct and this includes the Blackheart Board, the eyes and the QEV?
  • Are there any known issues/weaknesses with any of the elements in the kit that do not exist with some other brands?
-The kit includes a new breach, black heart board, eyes and a QEV, and i believe it just drops straight in, no fiddling about switching solenoids and whatever.

-It is the ONLY way to upgrade all of these features because to fit the eyes you need the new breach in the kit, and its the simplist because its an all in one kit.

-Some will argue that a virtue board is better, but you can't uses eyes with the virtue without the new breach (which you may or may not be able to buy seperatly - but you will have to call smart parts up for that)

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
having read more about the SP1, im not sure the bolt should be upgraded.
insted of eyes, it has a low force bolt, so replacing the bolt could cause problems?
im not 100% but i would look into it abit more befor spending on a bolt, to find out its actualy a blender.
also eyes cant be used with a sp1, without getting a new breach, like the guy above has said.

edit: difference between L7 and L7 V2, is that one fits ion and sp1, the other fits ion xe. i think

The weakness is the Blackheart board is devoid of almost all the features of a proper upgrade board.
It almost doesnt deserve to be called an upgrade board.

Also unless you really, really need to increasse the rate of fire or efficiency of the Ion, its best to avoid the QEV.

MrWizard2U

Mutated to Perfection
Mar 21, 2009
wizzard.bravehost.com
yer, but iv seen a vid of a tec putting his toug in the breach, no damage at all, i for some reason put my finger in the ion;s breach, i have a nice broose/swolen finger now. lol
Thats what you get for being such a trusting person but then again maybe they are not full of BS and you just used the wrong finger or maybe you should have used you tongue instead.

Seriously, when I bought mine the guy in the shop stuck his finger in without any consequences.

No I am not getting the blackhart board. I am probably not getting any upgrade board even though I am getting the bolt. Too many good reviews to pass it up. Besides efficiency the reduced noise signature is quite interesting.

Also still researching how to reduce the noise with a choice of a barrel and barrel inserts. Quite a few people reported a 10-15% increase of fps with the use of an insert. If I get the same I can turn the air down even more improving efficiency and dropping the noise level.

The above is the extent to which I intend to go with the upgrades. Don't need higher bps and don't want to go with all the chop/break risks just for additional insignificant efficiency.

yer, but iv seen a vid of a tec putting his toug in the breach, no damage at all, i for some reason put my finger in the ion;s breach, i have a nice broose/swolen finger now. lol
Haha...

With any ion that doesnt have a qev you should be able to stick an appendage in the breach and fire the gun without harm.

With mine you can barely feel the bolt trying to move...
I have the dangerous power bolt.